My yearly amp GAS...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My yearly amp GAS...

I spend a lot of time in the gain channel as I suspect most people do, but the clean channel is still the thing that is such a knockout. The clean channel has so much bounce, so much body and depth; it's reacts like it's being really driven but the tone is totally clean. I keep trying to use my pedals but I keep turning them off because the pure tone of the amp is so great. Can you tell that I love this amp?
    Mr. Way Too Proud of Texas Guy

Nothing nothing nothing, nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by CapoFirstFret View Post
      I don't want to start one of those cliches of "OMG Fender like cleans with Marshall like gain!" but let me tell you....

The cleans on this thing (only experience with the 6L6) are the absolute best cleans I've heard out of an amplifier ever, including my Fenders. On top of that it has one of the best amp distortions I've been able to coax. Everything is usable. I mean not that my endorsement is a huge accolade, but I'm a hardcore (read: SUPERFREAKINHARDCORE) single channel amp guy, but my be-all-end-all amp is this amp which is a channel switcher.

Oh wow... Sounds like it would be a killer amp.

I've never had the honor of playing one but from that description I should probably avoid it so that I could save myself the trouble of trying to buy one.
      Myspace,GoodbyeJune Myspace

Comment

I've owned my Ecstasy for 11 years, and have forgotten about other amps. I got it used, but the high price actually saved much much more money in the long run. Nothing else can top it IMO.

I use an EH Holy Grail in the mixable FX loop, so even my glorious cleans have Fenderish reverb. And it takes me through every Marshall tone, from glassy plexi to full blown crushing tone.

I love the Shiva EL-34 1-12 w/reverb. One time I was playing one with a 335 at a boutique music store, and the owner came running down the stairs to find out what godly tone he was hearing. He saw it was the Shiva, and said "I should have known it was that amp.....that thing is just amazing!"

There's so many times I consider cashing out of my Matchless Chieftain, and replacing it with another Bogner amp.....something different than my XTC. The Duende Seco Mojado combo haunts me. It's Bogner's 'Fender killer.'
        Last edited by Gearjoneser; 01-30-2012, 01:11 AM.
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

You guys are definitely not helping. Hah
          Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
          It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
          Originally posted by LesStrat
          Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
            I've owned my Ecstasy for 11 years, and have forgotten about other amps. I got it used, but the high price actually saved much much more money in the long run. Nothing else can top it IMO.

I use an EH Holy Grail in the mixable FX loop, so even my glorious cleans have Fenderish reverb. And it takes me through every Marshall tone, from glassy plexi to full blown crushing tone.

I love the Shiva EL-34 1-12 w/reverb. One time I was playing one with a 335 at a boutique music store, and the owner came running down the stairs to find out what godly tone he was hearing. He saw it was the Shiva, and said "I should have known it was that amp.....that thing is just amazing!"

There's so many times I consider cashing out of my Matchless Chieftain, and replacing it with another Bogner amp.....something different than my XTC. The Duende Seco Mojado combo haunts me. It's Bogner's 'Fender killer.'
            http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DuendeSM
            I thought the Duende cab was just "ported" on the sides.
            I did not realize it had 8" speakers in there.
            Wonder what the actual Impedance is for that amp.?
            Maybe a 12"-16 and Two 8"-8 running series parallel.?........
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY73mb28orM
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35mZ4BAvEbg
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nToonE52DG8
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMl-ddFbSF0

Comment

Originally posted by zzmoore View Post
              I thought the Duende cab was just "ported" on the sides.
              I did not realize it had 8" speakers in there.
              Wonder what the actual Impedance is for that amp.?
              Maybe a 12"-16 and Two 8"-8 running series parallel.?........
              On that webpage:
              The Seco Mojado has two separate amps (2x15W 6V6) in one combo enclosure for a wet dry or true-stereo experience. The top amp controls function exactly like the regular Duende models except the power switch will also power up the bottom amp (but they do have individual standby switches).
              my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

The Bogner Duende Seco Mojado is one of the coolest amps ever made. I'd go as far as to say that Reinhold is the greatest amp designer also. I love it that he's so eccentric in person.

The Duende Seco Mojado has to be seen/heard in person. It's like a quadraphonic Fender combo!.....maybe not literally, but there's sound coming out of 3 panels, plus the back.
                Last edited by Gearjoneser; 01-31-2012, 02:38 PM.
                Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
                X