Phony reccomendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phony reccomendation

So these AKG ( German Presicion) Headphones come up again on Stupid Deal.
    I bought a pair at 99.0 the first go round, but this time they are 79.00.
    From an audiophile perspective, these cans got slammed as not really in the same class as a few other premium 200.00 headphones,cause of a lack of dynamic range I think?
    That having been said, they really exhibit a very uncommon flat /tonally neutral response..nothing like many mid forward more lively headphones that guys tend to prefer , even at the expense of a less sophisticated and less well developed soundscape.
    I went ahead and ordered a second set. I recommend these for guys who haven't really heard a flat eq'd studio mix. You may need a bit more of a quality mix for these though, and theres the rub as they say..cause these cans are revealing, and will not flatter a very pop-ish and bright forward and thin mix that many if not most people look for in modern music, but I think they are very good for a studio mix that has a quality ambient mix wit sufficient depth .
    At 79.00, I say go for it. You wont be impressed at initial listening, but if you value a very balanced and rich more natural sound over a bright and hyped modern sound, these headphones will reveal that in a impressive fashion.;

Musician's Friend adds a fresh Stupid Deal of the Day every day. These deals are in limited quantities so act now to get the best deals across every instrument category.
    Last edited by MetalManiac; 01-19-2012, 02:35 AM.
    "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Re: Phony reccomendation

Thanks, man! Every set of headphones I seem to buy is extremely bass heavy for some reason.
    Originally posted by TheLivingDead
    H-S guitars with floyds make me erect.
    Originally posted by jcthejester13
    I'm pretty sure it's like nailing twins. They are identical but feel totally different.

Comment

Thanks. The left channel in my Sony's died a few weeks ago. I need a new set.
      If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane.

Originally posted by TheLivingDead
      DON'TGETMADBRO

Comment

I would like a set like that. Too bad I'm out of money.

Comment

Originally posted by ericmeyer4 View Post
          I would like a set like that. Too bad I'm out of money.
          So am I..thats what credit cards are for.
          "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Working...
          X