Marshall 1 watt video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marshall 1 watt video

I can't believe they're only doing a limited edition run. They could sell millions of them, people have been waiting for this kind of thing for a long time. Heck, I've seen many comments with people saying that they want to buy one of each. It's such a simple idea yet decades overdue.
    Last edited by Animal; 01-20-2012, 11:22 PM.

Comment

The JCM 800 will be mine. Oh yes, it will...
      -Mike-

Originally posted by rhymes with metalchurch79
      I take peoples advice after i do some quick math to determine if the lie detector test determines they are full of sh**. Take their post count x 5minutes per post = how much time they didnt spend playing or working on their guitars. The Pros will be spotted right away.

Comment

Originally posted by AniML View Post
        Huh?

I repeat "Want" specifically the JTM
        Originally posted by Left_Hand_Strat View Post
        it's cause you dissed a lefty
        Yup.

Just messing with you, man.

Originally posted by ratherdashing View Post
        She reminds me of Judy Greer (the insane secretary on Arrested Development, now voicing the insane secretary on Archer), which is a very good thing.
        I had to Google her.

I approve.
        I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

A few things:

1. Does anyone know what tubes these little rascals are running?

2. Anyone else surprised by the amount of gain from these amps? Sheesh, the JTM sounded WAY too gainy for my tastes (In that era of amp).

3. Rebecca Dirks FTW!
          Originally posted by Jessie's ghost
          I like having the stop bar all the way down. Sue me. I've got like six dollars.

Comment

I was seriously contemplating buying all 5 before Marshall released the price on them. $800 for a 1 watt head is just too much, no matter how cool they are. For the same money you can get an ORIGINAL 800. I also see 70's JMP's with the cab in the $1200 to $1400 range. DSL's and 900's are hitting bottom at $400 to $600 and I see the RI stuff like 59's and JTM's for $900 to $1100 listed on CL.

Comment

Even though these rascals may get into a price class nearly touching the originals, they'd still have their place in my opinion. After all, how often do you REALLY get to crank a JCM 800? Like others have said, there's definitely a market for this, and I'm at a loss why they will only make them this year. Personally I'd gladly get at least the first three if the year turns out good money-wise, but I'm reluctant to do so because I suspect there will be cheaper production models further down the road.

Comment

Gosh. If only I had some bux to toss around.
                That baby JCM800 sounds friggin' amazing!

Comment

12AU7 power tubes , there is no limited production, you can get anyone,anytime after it has been released but not until then, if that makes sense !

Comment

Originally posted by crunchman View Post
                    12AU7 power tubes , there is no limited production, you can get anyone,anytime after it has been released but not until then, if that makes sense !
                    Everything I have read says that only 150 of each will be produced for the 50th Ann.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucid_Lunatic View Post
                      Everything I have read says that only 150 of each will be produced for the 50th Ann.
                      Recent videos I've seen debunk the 150 number. Marshall has said there is no fixed limited number and they will make many. However they will only be made during 2012.

They are quite expensive, but I'm definitely going to try to get one. Even my class 5 is too loud for NYC apartment sometimes. I would love to crank a dsl, jvm, or jcm all day/all night! I love the old ones too (plexi was awesome) but i figure my c5 covers the non MV sound. They sound killer in the demos too.

Tim

Comment

Ok, I'm interested. The UK RRP should be pretty decent on these too.
                        "I believe the truth is not told between 9 and 5." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

From what I've seen around 500£, depending on the model.

Comment

HOLY S**T! me likey that JMP a lot! sounds like my yjm plexi!

Comment

oh gez I wish i wasn't poor grrr :/

Comment

Originally posted by guitfiddle
                                In this one, he uses the power down feature on the JMP, which takes it down to .1 of a watt. At that point, the strings are almost louder than the amp.

that is sick!

wantttttttttt

Comment

Working...
                                X