Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMT Legends series E1 review.

It sucks!......

It's so stiff, it feels like I'm playing through a 2x4.

Anything this pedal can do, a Boss MT-2 can do. There is nothing special about this thing. It's stiff, way to boomy on the low end, and it slams an icepick in your ear. The cab sim out is horrid, and unusable.

The only place I would even consider using the E1, is direct in to the return of my effects loop, and that's still not great. My Kranks preamp blows it out of the water.

It sounds like ass, wrapped in ass, served with a side of ass, in to your DAW.

I don't know if the rest of the line are like this, but the E1 blows.

I sent mine back for a refund!

Re: AMT Legends series E1 review.

I thought I remember you saying you liked it... ?
    Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
    Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

I liked the clips I found on the net. Once it got here I was very disapointed. That was a complete waste of time and money.

Comment

Ahhhh I see....
        Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
        Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

I had 1 of the AMT DistStation pedals and hated it too. Exactly as you described yours; overly bright and ice picky.

Luckilly I managed to sell it

Comment

You know, it is a preamp. you're supposed to use it direct into a power amp, not through another amp's preamp. Did you test it out with just a power amp and cab?

Comment

Yeah, there is a lot about this preamp I don't like. The gain knob goes from no sound, to way too much gain instantly.
              The controls are as touchy as an MT-2. If you move something by accident, you will never get it back right again.
              The gain is just flat out fizzy. This is a bag off bees, hornets, wasps, and yellow jackets. It's not cool.
              I just can't get along with anything these days, unless it has tubes in it.

Comment

Originally posted by ConvoysToNothingness View Post
                You know, it is a preamp. you're supposed to use it direct into a power amp, not through another amp's preamp. Did you test it out with just a power amp and cab?
                That's how I use it. I run into the fx return of my loop. The amps preamp is bypassed.

It's sounds just as bad with the cab sim out, in to my DAW.

Comment

Hey karpathion did you use 9 volt or 12 volts. At 9 volts the legend series pedal will sound thin and fizzy and at 12 volt they sound way better, thick and huge sounding, at least thats how my R1 sounds and I've heard others say that also. Just curious.
                  There's no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid mistakes!

Schecter Hellraiser solo-6 and solo-6FR, Schecter C-1EX,
                  Edwards LP Lemon drop, ES-335 copy, Fender Telecaster
                  Boss GT-10
                  Rocktron Velocity 300
                  Two custom built 2x12 cabs with V-30 & G12T-75's in each cab
                  Marshall Mode Four/MF 400 cab
                  AMT Legend series pedals V1, F1, R1, E1, M1, P1, D2 and growing

Comment

Working...
                  X