banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Dano Pedal Is Supposed To Sound Like An OCD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Dano Pedal Is Supposed To Sound Like An OCD?

I've been interested in checking out an OCD for quite a while now but I don't have really want to drop that amount of coin on another dirt pedal. So I figured I could probably pick up the Dano pedal for pretty cheap on Ebay or something and if it sounds good to me then I'll think a bit more seriously about picking up a Fulltone.

I'm not expecting it to nail the sound for a third of the price, but as long as it's ballpark enough to give me a clue, that'd be cool. So, gurus, which one is it and how close does it get? Cool pedal or should I not bother?
    I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Re: Which Dano Pedal Is Supposed To Sound Like An OCD?

the first version of the transparent od. It is silver with a cream sticker.

I had both pedals and they both sounded good but I actually liked the dano better, wasn't as thin to me (but still very ocd like). Both seemed sturdy too.
    Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
    Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

NOT the transparent od, the standard drive pedal v1, cool cat drive, cool cat transparent overdrive is the timmy one
      i saw this band, and thought they were really great, until i saw what the guy was playing through........

Comment

Originally posted by o.p-i.v View Post
        NOT the transparent od, the standard drive pedal v1, cool cat drive, cool cat transparent overdrive is the timmy one
        That's what I was gonna say...

The transparent OD (v1, the v2's supposed to be quite close too but I never tried it) was the Timmy.

The drive (v1 again) is the one you want for the OCD.

there are a few comparison vids by germandude on youtube comparing the OCD vs. V1 and then the v2 to the v1.
        V1's close to the OCD but not exactly the same. V1 and V2 were quite similar to my ears (via youtube of course).

I had the V2 for a little while. It was quite nice but really didn't like my Orange so I sold it.

Comment

I have one, and it doesn't seem quite like an OD. It's got a lot of drive. I have been thinking of rehousing it, and changing the gain pot to drop the overall gain. Still a great pedal.
          Originally posted by crusty philtrum
          ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
          Originally posted by Securb
          The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks, lads.
            I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

whoops sorry boys!

The dano drive is the one I was talking about
              Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
              Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Working...
              X