Multi effects....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi effects....

Can I plug a Zoom G2 straight into a PA? I just picked one up for a pretty good price. Just to play with the drum machine and whatnot. I think you can record with it and I was wondering if I could use this as a backup at a gig... can it just plug into a PA?

Any help bros?
    Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
    Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Re: Multi effects....

I see no reason why you can't. A PA is just another amplifier, in some regards. Perfectly safe.

(*I'm no expert tho)
    If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane.

Originally posted by TheLivingDead
    DON'TGETMADBRO

Comment

Just because you can doesn't mean you should...
      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Does it have built in cabinet emulation feature? Try it and see if it works? Download a manual for it and read.
        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

You should still try. A friend of mine had a Boss ME-50 with alledged "Cabinet emulation".

It was goddamn awful. Completely unusable through a PA.
          Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
          Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
          Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
          Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

Originally posted by Diego View Post
            You should still try. A friend of mine had a Boss ME-50 with alledged "Cabinet emulation".

It was goddamn awful. Completely unusable through a PA.
            Lol...
            Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

I dunno about the Zoom multi fx units, but a couple years ago I played a gig with my band, alongside a couple of european acts and one from Israel.

One of the european bands, Suidakra, didn't bring any cabs, amps, etc. Just guitars and Line6 Pod floorbards. Most of the other bands were using our heads and cabs, but Suidakra decided not to, for whatever reason.

They plugged straight into the PA, and while it didn't sound absolutely horrible, all the other bands sounded LEAGUES better, no contest.

YMMV, though *shrug*.

Comment

Multi effects are the ****... whatchoo guys talking about?

I got it more or less for the drum machine and recording capabilities.
                Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
                Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

try it but I've found that most multi fx Line 6 pods, behringer v-amps, and others just aren't any contest to even a modest (dare I say crappy) amp.

Comment

from my experience with the G2 i reckon you can plug it into any type of amp you like.

....they will all sound bad
                    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                    Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

If you're going to go direct to PA, the Digitech RP1000 is a good choice. It is basically a GSP1101(well, damn close anyway) in a floorboard.

As for drum machines, I haven't found anything that beats the Boss Dr-880.
                      Originally posted by Jessie's ghost
                      I like having the stop bar all the way down. Sue me. I've got like six dollars.

Comment

Working...
                      X