Modding pedals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modding pedals?

Hey guys, I have been modding pedals lately and I have actually designed a few on paper that I want to build.

I was wondering who else around here has been modding pedals?

I guess I can finally put that electronics education to use on something fun!

Re: Modding pedals?

I have, a little bit. not enough to actually understand what I was doing though.

Ratherdashing has some experience with building as well.

Comment

we have a master modder here - Stratdeluxer, AKA John Spina.
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

RichS is a tinkerer as well.
        Originally posted by tone4days
        we're not musicians, we're beer salesmen

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
          we have a master modder here - Stratdeluxer, AKA John Spina.
          Masterbator maybe....I don't currently do mods...Haven't in a awful long time.. ;o)
          Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

While I'm sure you spank the Monkey, it is well known and documented that you can spank the tone out of a pedal!

You are too modest...
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
              While I'm sure you spank the Monkey, it is well known and documented that you can spank the tone out of a pedal!

You are too modest...
              Has nothing to do with being modest...Don't want people asking me to mod their pedals....You don't seem to get that,but thanks for the plug.... ;o) It's very rare that I'd do the mods these days!
              Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

I've done mods to my own but that's it. I don't have the time to mod anybody else's.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                  I've done mods to my own but that's it. I don't have the time to mod anybody else's.
                  These days(if I mod) it's for myself also...

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97 View Post
                    These days(if I mod) it's for myself also...
                    Over the weekend I found circuits that I built on perf board complete but in no enclosure..LOL. Good thing I had them in zip-lock bags and labelled..LOL.

Comment

Modded alittle bit on my own old pedals....
                      When I am done working I don't wanna "cook" on any pedals the rest of the day.

But now and then I do alittle bit of this and that..

Comment

Originally posted by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon View Post
                        Modded alittle bit on my own old pedals....
                        When I am done working I don't wanna "cook" on any pedals the rest of the day.

But now and then I do alittle bit of this and that..
                        I'll always be a tweaker,but what I tweak changes...Not along ago I was fixing mid 70s Pioneer and Marantz receivers...I have quite the collection and prices keep climbing on these babies!

Lately I built another strat and have been doing some upgrades on some of my strats...

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                          Over the weekend I found circuits that I built on perf board complete but in no enclosure..LOL. Good thing I had them in zip-lock bags and labelled..LOL.
                          I noticed I have an un-finished Treble Booster circuit...One day! ;o)

Comment

I'll build and mod pedals, and amps. More pedals now that I have kids. They are faster to turn around, that and I don't need another amp. I wouldn't mind one, maybe a small blackface with another gain stage and four 6V6's. Hmm... Gotta go...
                            Hmm...

Comment

Originally posted by guitarrob View Post
                              I was wondering who else around here has been modding pedals?
                              Me

Comment

Working...
                              X