banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How hard would it be to build/mod an amp with...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How hard would it be to build/mod an amp with...

an expression pedal out to control the speed of the amp's tremolo effect (for those that have it?)
    Custom neck-thru strat
    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
    1995 PRS CE24
    D'avanzo #8
    Breedlove Solo Concert
    1996 USA Dean Baby Z
    1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
    1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
    Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Re: How hard would it be to build/mod an amp with...

Not that hard. If the amp has that control already, a stereo switching jack could disconnect the internal control when a footswitch is plugged in, and act the same, just in a pedal. What amp are we talking about here?
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
    Originally posted by Securb
    The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

Re: How hard would it be to build/mod an amp with...

Originally posted by trevorus View Post
      Not that hard. If the amp has that control already, a stereo switching jack could disconnect the internal control when a footswitch is plugged in, and act the same, just in a pedal. What amp are we talking about here?
      No idea, I was just wondering. I'd probably want to do it on a Vox of some type, as those are the amps with trem that I like the most (out of what I've tried).
      Custom neck-thru strat
      1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
      1995 PRS CE24
      D'avanzo #8
      Breedlove Solo Concert
      1996 USA Dean Baby Z
      1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
      1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
      Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Working...
      X