Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone likes a pedal I made...

And it's a great feeling...

It was a little hard at first 'cause I had a few things to troubleshoot and I was scared I was gonna let the guy down but in the end he likes it a lot apparently (and so far...).

Dunno if the person will wanna start his own thread about it or not and I don't wanna be the guy who does it for him...

this is a selfish thread... it's about ME.

I feel good.

The end.

Re: Someone likes a pedal I made...

That's awesome.

You know what would make you feel really great, though?

Sending me that sexy Orange of yours.
    I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

It sure is!

I'm actually thinking of doing some more pedals myself, even though I said I wouldn't.
      Band: www.colouredanimal.com
      Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
      Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

to Kam:

I bet it would...

If I ever find a thunderverb at a reasonable price (used) I may very well be able to send it to you at a reasonable price for shipping...

RD: yeah, and you're a couple of steps ahead of me in the sense that you design stuff way more complex)... From what I heard your stuff sounded amazing.

Comment

right on.

It's a good feeling, when your work gets appreciated, regardless of what kind of work it is.

Comment

Originally posted by ConvoysToNothingness View Post
            right on.

It's a good feeling, when your work gets appreciated, regardless of what kind of work it is.
            That's what your woman told me...

Just kiddin'

Or am I...

Comment

joke's on you. I haven't got a woman right now!

Comment

Originally posted by Surgeon View Post
                to Kam:

I bet it would...

If I ever find a thunderverb at a reasonable price (used) I may very well be able to send it to you at a reasonable price for shipping...

RD: yeah, and you're a couple of steps ahead of me in the sense that you design stuff way more complex)... From what I heard your stuff sounded amazing.
                Well, I only really did one design (FTL Drive), and that was just a hot-rodded TS with switchable gain boost and clipping circuits. The other pedal I made (Raptor) was a simplified version of that.

I'm definitely not a genius, but I have a good ear and I know enough about electronics to get what I want out of a circuit.

So what did you build?
                Band: www.colouredanimal.com
                Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
                Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

Originally posted by ratherdashing View Post
                  Well, I only really did one design (FTL Drive), and that was just a hot-rodded TS with switchable gain boost and clipping circuits. The other pedal I made (Raptor) was a simplified version of that.

I'm definitely not a genius, but I have a good ear and I know enough about electronics to get what I want out of a circuit.

So what did you build?
                  yes...do tell!?
                  Originally posted by jeremy
                  God hates bad guitar tone
                  GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
                  AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
                  EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
                  Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Originally posted by ConvoysToNothingness View Post
                    joke's on you. I haven't got a woman right now!
                    Yeah, and your boyfriend doesn't talk much I assume...

Comment

See, I'm not even close to that and my training is FAR from electronics so what I know I learn by myself... it's a slow learning curve but I'm enjoying it.

So what did you build?
                      Nothing really...I'm still at the "copying" designs phase. I'm learning everytime I read about designs so it's cool for me.

I made copy of a well known boost (same one I finished for myself a month or so ago...there's a thread with about 2 replies in there floating around). Didn't tweak the circuit or anything and it's a very simple circuit too.
                      Not a big deal by any stretch of the imagination for anyone but it's my first build for someone else and that someone had a highly-regarded replica of said boost to A/B it with.
                      For me it was a matter of making something that sounded good enough and built well enough to be appreciated by someone else than myself and my low-standards, a someone who'll shell out money for it.

As I said, it's not a big deal and I'm by no means a cloner who intends to do this for profit. I did it 'cause I was asked nicely by a forum friend.

I'm just glad it turned out well.

Next step: painting my own enclosures and making PCBs.

Comment

And it's a great feeling...

It was a little hard at first 'cause I had a few things to troubleshoot and I was scared I was gonna let the guy down but in the end he likes it a lot apparently (and so far...).

Dunno if the person will wanna start his own thread about it or not and I don't wanna be the guy who does it for him...

this is a selfish thread... it's about ME.

I feel good.

The end.
                        Awesome Phil....I can tell you that I Know the feeling...Its nice when people are nice!
                        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97 View Post
                          Awesome Phil....I can tell you that I Know the feeling...Its nice when people are nice!
                          You know it... I've always tried to show how greatful I was of your work in the past... I assume it doesn't feel half bad.

Comment

You know it... I've always tried to show how greatful I was of your work in the past... I assume it doesn't feel half bad.

You're one of my favs on here buddy...Always nice and always a friend..I appreciate that alot! There are still alot of great people on the forums..
                            Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

You're one of my favs on here buddy...Always nice and always a friend..I appreciate that alot!
                              Right back at you my friend.

There are still alot of great people on the forums..
                              Keyword: STILL... sorry, can't help it these days...

Comment

Working...
                              X