John Petrucci signature pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Petrucci signature pedal

The Dreamscape. It's all his toneprint sounds in one pedal. Call it a multi-effect kinda of pedal.

Btw, I got his hand signature in one of my guitars when he did a signature round in a music store in Copenhagen just a couple of hours before his concert with Dream Theater. He's a very cool guy, way different than the motorcycle metal guy of Zakk Wylde I met in the same circumstances a year ago. I have way more respect to him now as a person and by his playing. Not that I didn't like him before but it is other feeling when you get to know the person. Actually, he replaced the Zakk Wylde signature I've got in the same guitar.

http://www.tcelectronic.com/the-dreamscape.asp

Last edited by crguti; 02-02-2012, 06:51 AM.

Re: John Petrucci signature pedal

I was looking at that one I think it's a great idea but at $250 it's not any cheaper than me buying the vibrato and flanger pedals (I already have the corona).

The only benefits I can see to this one is if you need all your modulation in one space saving footprint, or if someone is a huge Petrucci fan and has to have all Petruccis toneprints in one box (without using a droid/iphone or usb to change em).

Comment

That looks awesome. Yeah it's pricey, but look at everything you're getting.
      Custom neck-thru strat
      1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
      1995 PRS CE24
      D'avanzo #8
      Breedlove Solo Concert
      1996 USA Dean Baby Z
      1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
      1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
      Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Thank god it's not a overdrive...

I think it's cool that JP is getting a pedal, if there's anyone that should have a signature warbly effect it's him. Of course it's overpriced (it's not only TC electronic, it's an artist model...what did you expect?) but you know John drove the TC people crazy tweaking every stupid little frequency until it was perfect. Considering all the crap that people slap their name on for a profit, this is one of the less offensive examples IMO.
        Originally posted by jcthejester13
        Some musicians are good, and some are not so good. Some musicians use guitars, and some don't use guitars. The end.

Comment

oh I didn't think it was an offensive example of ppl selling out by any means this one (which I expect nothing less from TC) is well thought out and seems to be designed well. I have 4 pedals from their toneprint series and a polytune they must be doing something right. I'm just saying at $250 it doesn't make me wanna sell my corona chorus outright idk perhaps i should try one out. I'm not the biggest JP fan in the world but the idea of having 2 chorus, 2 flange, 2 vibe settings in a single box plus the ability to download toneprints is pretty nice.

Comment

Working...
          X