Blackstar HT-408 - any opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackstar HT-408 - any opinions?

Has anyone tried the Blackstar HT-408 4x8" cabinet?

Not necessarily to use with a Blackstar head, just as a speaker cabinet for general use.

It seems to be about the same size as most 1x12s, but as well as potentially offering different sounds, could also give some interesting modding possibilities.

For example, as well as the usual speaker replacement, it should be possible to add a switch or an extra jack to use fewer than all 4 speakers to get lower volume.

On the other hand, at that price I'm guessing it's made of MDF and probably not the best quality materials.

Re: Blackstar HT-408 - any opinions?

that's a cool idea!

Comment

Re: Blackstar HT-408 - any opinions?

Crate used to make a 4x8 cab a long time ago but I could never track one down. This would be a fun rig to setup as a mini "full stack" like the marshall 1x10 cabs but you'd actually get 8 speakers putting out the volume and could run it with one of a multitude of tube lunchbox amps that are available now!
      Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
      It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
      Originally posted by LesStrat
      Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Working...
      X