banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-amps suggestions for my Flexitone amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-amps suggestions for my Flexitone amp?

Hi guys, not sure where to post this but i'll try here.

First things first - I've been playing 20+ years, and owned a similar amount of guitars over that time. I play and record a cocktail of bluesy surf rockin' rockabilly reggae hillbilly jazz metal type stuff and cover everything from Van Halen, Brian Setzer, Sublime, Los Lobos, Vampire Weekend to good old Jimi. Most of the time playing strats through Fender-y amp presets on my Line 6 Flexitone III XL.

Anyway - I'm looking for a dual channel or stereo pre-amp to patch between my Flexitone amp's line-outs and a Mackie 820i desk unit. To be specific - a twin channel mic pre-amp with line level input options.

My only desires are for a single rack unit box, and an internal power supply (no seperate boxes). I already have a UA 610 Solo and a BAE 1073 DMP, they're both awesome pre-amps but only single-channel options. They both also add weight and girth to a signal when pushed - this time i want an option that works it's magic in the shimmer and sparkle departments I also want to push my home studio into a new realm of capability (and self sufficiency).

I've been looking at an A-Designs Pacifica mainly, but i'm not much of a Gearslut, I don't really know what options are out there to suit. Money is OK for now, so I won't buy anything that won't last a lifetime, or won't hold it's value over time. But, my limit is drawn at $2000.

What awesome options (preferably that you've either owned or used heavily) can you throw at me?
    Last edited by che_guitarra; 02-06-2012, 08:06 AM.
Working...
X