banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trade a JCM 2204 for a 2 channel rev f dual rec?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade a JCM 2204 for a 2 channel rev f dual rec?

I love my marshall, but I've always wanted a 2 channel rectumfrier. A local guy has a rev f in black diamond plate with a factory installed solo boost and i'm going to at least play the beast. Totally different, so I don't know if I can even 'play my style' on one, but won't hurt to be curious.

But value wise, how would the two go head to head? Mine is a 1982 JCM2204, his a rev f 2 channel recto. I have 750 in my head, he's asking on the high side, 1500. I've seen them as low as 900, but the guy is class. I also would never sell my Marshall for 750 lol... To me mine's worth more than 'market' so I can relate to his inflated asking price. Pride.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Re: Trade a JCM 2204 for a 2 channel rev f dual rec?

I wouldn't.

But that's only cuz I like marshally sounds much more than rectumfriers. Also, that JCM will be probably have its value escalate in like 10-20 years, whereas the mesa will probably stay about the same.

Comment

Rectumfriers? haha
      Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
      Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Yeah... I already found 2 other rectumfriers way more reasonably priced. I'll just wait and buy one instead of trading out my amp I know I love. One day haha.
        Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

I wouldn't, and since you love your Marshall I don't think you should either.

Comment

Originally posted by xxxplorer View Post
            I love my marshall, but I've always wanted a 2 channel rectumfrier.
            Try a couple out (maybe rent one) and see if it is really what you need.
            "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
            Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

You found two other rev f's? Which is the more desirable of all the rectos, the E or the F? Because the later revisions are hugely lacking mojo, especially the late '90s built and newer.

Comment

If you wanna try a recto, Try to score a used Rect-O-Verb (which is a single rect) or a Trem-O-Verb (dual rect). Those sound way better than any rectos I've played. The cleans are fantastic. The distortions are top notch. Both can be had on the used market for under a grand.
                Originally posted by grumptruck
                No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
                Originally posted by Gear Used
                PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
                Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
                Mesa Stiletto Ace
                Gurus 5015
                Mesa Widebody 1X12
                Pedalboard

Comment

Working...
                X