Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tired of Tap Dancing - Need Rack FX Help - please

Hey all

I am a long time boutique/old school pedal user for gain, modulation, delay, etc. And I NEED HELP! At practice last night I got beyond frustrated, we're doing some new songs that call for heavy modulation and I was tap dancing to the point where I was screwing up!

Is there a multi fx unit be it rack OR floor based that is "easy" to use for a newbie? Something where the fx sound solid out of the box and I only need to set up patches? I have been reading up and viewing youtube demos and quite frankly the "tweakability" of some of these units spins my head

Any help is appreciated.

Marc

Re: Tired of Tap Dancing - Need Rack FX Help - please

Comment

Originally posted by ConvoysToNothingness View Post

Thanks, yes this is one of the units I've seen. It is "easy" to use?

Comment

Why do you keep putting "easy" in quotes?

The G System is great. I would also recommend the Line 6 M13. You can run it in "latching scene mode", which causes it to behave more like a standard multi with patches (the "scene" is a patch - basically a pre-programmed simulated pedal board).
        Band: www.colouredanimal.com
        Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
        Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

Boss and easy to use go hand in hand. Trouble is while delay, reverb, chorus and tremolo are all great, I've never been a fan of the phaser and flanger effects.

Comment

I've always wanted to get one of these but I've got no space. It allows you to program which effects are on with a single stomp. Plus this way you can keep your boutique and old skool effects and stuff.

Programming is "easy".

Need to find something? Let the Musician's Friend site map guide you to the products you're looking for.

If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane.

Originally posted by TheLivingDead
            DON'TGETMADBRO

Comment

Originally posted by lex666 View Post
              I've always wanted to get one of these but I've got no space. It allows you to program which effects are on with a single stomp. Plus this way you can keep your boutique and old skool effects and stuff.

Programming is "easy".

Need to find something? Let the Musician's Friend site map guide you to the products you're looking for.

Yeah, the Combinator is a cool gadget. It bridges the gap between pedal simplicity/quality and multi-effects programmability. I've thought about getting one quite a few times.

As for being "easy", if you're smart enough to set radio presets on your car stereo, you can program this.
              Band: www.colouredanimal.com
              Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
              Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

I've been using a Digitech GSP-5 since they first came out (and yes, I know it's archaic). You have to do some homework, but I still think that their distortions and echos are really good. I run a DBX 163X in front to add some dirt to the system and a BBE Maximizer in back, but it works for me. I use a MIDI pedal to pick what I want.
                Last edited by Hellion; 02-08-2012, 04:06 PM.
                www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

I use a TC Electronics G-Major (original, not the new 1) in the loop of my amp and it does me fine for Delay, Reverb and Modulation. Not overly expensive either.

Comment

Working...
                  X