banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone gone 100% digital? What sims/plug ins are you running?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone gone 100% digital? What sims/plug ins are you running?

I'm planning on going entirely digital for now. It's more practical because of my current situation.

I was going to go with a POD HD500 or ElevenRack, but that would really cut into my Macbook funds, so for now it's going to be strictly computer + interface and later on I'll add a dedicated modeling hardware piece.

I've seen that the LePou and Nick Crow plug ins get raves everywhere for their high gain amp sounds, but I need more than that. I also want bluesy edge-of-break-up tones and cleans. Effects recomendations are welcomed as well!

Re: Anyone gone 100% digital? What sims/plug ins are you running?

Line6 Toneport things, what ever they're called now.
    Pulse 2AM - YouTube
    Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

I really dig my ezmix 2 - it has amp sims and mixing and IRs all rolled into one. I have only been messing with it for a day though. I have been using line 6 podfarm for the last 3 years, there are some great tones on that and can sound better than axe fx, in the right hands of a great mixing scientist engineer dude!

Comment

Originally posted by tc View Post
        I've seen that the LePou and Nick Crow plug ins get raves everywhere for their high gain amp sounds, but I need more than that. I also want bluesy edge-of-break-up tones and cleans. Effects recomendations are welcomed as well!
        The LePou stuff is great. Just match them up with a few cabinet impulse responses from Redwirez and you're done. They're just very good amp models, so there's no reason why you can't get good clean or slightly broken up sounds.

Here's a couple of examples. This is the LE456 (Engl model) running clean into a Redwirez IR of a Celestion Blue... http://soundcloud.com/geoff-wells/lepou-le456-amp-sim The LeXtac (Bogner Ecstasy) running clean.. http://soundcloud.com/geoff-wells/lextac-clean and the LeXtac with a rock edge.. http://soundcloud.com/geoff-wells/lepou-lextac

Cheers...................................... wahwah
        Highway Star
        Goodbye Pork Pie Hat
        Mistreated
        Cause We Ended As Lovers
        Go ahead...check out my solo album @ http://geoffwells.bandcamp.com/

Originally posted by JOLLY
        Strats are better than Les Pauls.

Comment

I have bought recabinet, but there are other free IRs and stuff, here is my list, I have not tried all but wahwahs stuff above is awesome proof for sure

Short mp3 here:

Download Links:

TSE 808 v1.1:

Lecto Amp:
          Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

God's Cab:

Cubase channel presets:

Waves Plugins:
          The first choice for Grammy-winning mixing engineers, music producers, musicians and sound designers, Waves is the world-leading maker of audio plugins, software and hardware for audio mixing, music production, mastering, post-production and live sound.

Basic starting point from MojoJojo378:

U can use these settings whenever u want just mention my name for using it or uploading it somewhere as I did with mojojo, Thx!

download links:
          tube screamer: http://bedroomproducersblog.com/2010...screamer-emula...
          LeCto / LeCab:
          Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

impulses:

(you might need to scroll all the way up)

Comment

Originally posted by wahwah View Post
            The LePou stuff is great. Just match them up with a few cabinet impulse responses from Redwirez and you're done. They're just very good amp models, so there's no reason why you can't get good clean or slightly broken up sounds.

Here's a couple of examples. This is the LE456 (Engl model) running clean into a Redwirez IR of a Celestion Blue... http://soundcloud.com/geoff-wells/lepou-le456-amp-sim The LeXtac (Bogner Ecstasy) running clean.. http://soundcloud.com/geoff-wells/lextac-clean and the LeXtac with a rock edge.. http://soundcloud.com/geoff-wells/lepou-lextac

Cheers...................................... wahwah
            I have run these sims through Amplitube's cabs with some usable results.
            Try a Tube Screamer sim in front of the amp sims too. Guitar Hacks makes a good JCM 900 sim and a Tube Screamer sim.
            Pulse 2AM - YouTube
            Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

The free stuff is good with the right impulses.
              Id say start with Amplitube (the free version) then demo the amps you like and you can then purchase them with Amplitube Custom Shop (stock comes with the Fender base amp and maybe a marshall I think) sometimes they have free promotion (got the Blue AC30 model this way). You can then use the cabs with LePou for high gain stuff.
              Gondola Kid
              Bandcamp
              Facebook
              JimijaymesGuitarist
              Youtube

Comment

i've tried the LePou sims but they have a raspy sound/digital tone compared to amplitube & revalver. i have heard good things about scuffham s-gear but i haven't had a chance to try it out. The soldano and engle amps in the new version of amplitube are very nice and they also offer plenty of options for the bluesy tone that you're after.

Comment

Thanks for all the responses people, I'll check all this stuff out!

Comment

I have POD HD 500 right now but I'm going to switch to Revalver. It sounds amazing. I've gotten awesome results with LePou's amp sims too.

POD HD is good though. I wouldn't sell it if I didn't need some space to my room. The cab sims are the only thing that are a bit so so. Dual Amp mode configurations sound amazing if you bother to tinker with them.
                    Burny RLG-60, Baton Rouge AR81C/GACE
                    Line6 Helix LT, DV Mark Little 250GH, DV Mark Neoclassic 212

Originally posted by Empty Pockets
                    Musicians are ****ing retards.
                    Originally posted by ex-250
                    Beer can never be the source of wrong.

Comment

I mix and match between miked amps and amp simulators. I use Amplitube 3 and Revalver 3. I'm really happy with both. Amplitube has more amp models to choose from. Several of them are pretty incredible. The vintage Fender models are great for clean tones. The JSX clean channel in Revalver is a great clean tone too. Lots of great distorted tones in both programs too.
                      For edge-of-breakup tones, the HiWatt simulation (you have to buy it separately) in Amplitube is a favorite of mine lately.
                      "Just like bad gas, they (metal riffs) sneak out every once in a while."
                      Jah Paul Jo - Dread Zeppelin
                      guitar pic site
                      Original prog rock on soundcloud
                      Original ambient guitar pieces on soundcloud
                      Original blues on soundcloud.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kosh Naranek View Post
                        I mix and match between miked amps and amp simulators. I use Amplitube 3 and Revalver 3. I'm really happy with both. Amplitube has more amp models to choose from. Several of them are pretty incredible. The vintage Fender models are great for clean tones. The JSX clean channel in Revalver is a great clean tone too. Lots of great distorted tones in both programs too.
                        For edge-of-breakup tones, the HiWatt simulation (you have to buy it separately) in Amplitube is a favorite of mine lately.
                        I just bought Revalver III.V. When using own impulses that thing sounds really good. A lot better than POD HD series. Definitely a nice upgrade. Going to try it through a real cab.

Comment

I've been using my POD HD500 for recording. Sounds pretty damn good.

Comment

Originally posted by lpmarshall View Post
                            I've been using my POD HD500 for recording. Sounds pretty damn good.
                            I agree, it is really good. But what bugged me was that there wasn't an option to use your own IRs. The new cab models are good but nowhere near as good as Redwirez/Ownhammer impulses. They bring modelers/sims to life.

And I know that you can disable the cab modelling and use for example LAConvolver with POD for your own IRs. My Macbook Pro and LAConvolver kept crashing for some reason though so I bought Revalver and am really happy.

But all in all: POD HD is very good. Revalver is just better for me

Comment

Working...
                            X