Look Ma, my first fuzz...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look Ma, my first fuzz...

Yes, that's right, I got my first fuzz pedal. A Lovepedal Silicon Fuzzmaster. I'm in love

Yeah, I had a Big Muff a while back, but I didn't like it at all. Mine had been modded, so maybe it was just mine, but I'm so much more happy with the Lovepedal. It's got the traditional volume and fuzz controls, but it also has a blend knob. Full clockwise, it's supposed to be a traditional SI fuzz face. As you turn it counterclockwise, it cuts the body, fuzz, and sustain. Fully counterclockwise, it's more of a treble booster, but you have a gain control on top of the volume. You can get plenty of useful tones by tweaking the blend and the drive. However, with the blend hard right, you need the fuzz pretty much full up, as I understand most fuzz faces work.

I've heard that fuzz faces have a hard learning curve. Maybe it's just this one, but I found that it was very easy to coax great tones from this pedal, even with it being my first fuzz. It'll take a while to get used to how sensitive the pedal is to my guitar's volume, but I love it. I get so many different shades of fuzz and drive by moving the guitar's volume half a millimeter.

tl;dr I <3 fuzz
    Custom neck-thru strat
    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
    1995 PRS CE24
    D'avanzo #8
    Breedlove Solo Concert
    1996 USA Dean Baby Z
    1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
    1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
    Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Re: Look Ma, my first fuzz...

im the opposite. had a bunch of fuzz pedals and never loved them and then i built my own big muff which was a hybrid between the triangle and rams head era and loved it to death. still havent found a fuzz pedal i vibe with.

glad you are digging yours and i know they produce some seriously sexy sounds, just for some reason i have never been able to get them, lol
    Originally posted by Empty Pockets
    yngwie sounds like an orchestra of cartoon bees.

Comment

I bet that I'd love a big muff for more Doom-type stuff - the Black Arts Toneworks Pharoah and LSTR come to mind. But that's not my preferred type of music, although I do it occasionally.

I've only tried it out with my Strat so far. Definitely looking forward to playing it with my humbucker guitar.
      Custom neck-thru strat
      1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
      1995 PRS CE24
      D'avanzo #8
      Breedlove Solo Concert
      1996 USA Dean Baby Z
      1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12

Comment

i use my big muff to nail some dire straits money for nothing tones. i aint playing no doom anything, lol.

strat into a low watt fender amp and it rocks so bad

Comment

Originally posted by scottish View Post
          i use my big muff to nail some dire straits money for nothing tones. i aint playing no doom anything, lol.

strat into a low watt fender amp and it rocks so bad

Hmm, maybe I just need to get a GOOD one.
          Custom neck-thru strat
          1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
          1995 PRS CE24
          D'avanzo #8
          Breedlove Solo Concert
          1996 USA Dean Baby Z

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
            Hmm, maybe I just need to get a GOOD one.
            you want a good one for cheap? if you can solder then buy this...

i basically mixed and matched a few resistors to taste between the models but its a good kit and it sounds phenomenal.

Comment

Working...
            X