Pedal board update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedal board update

I finally got around to ditching the keeley board and built a tiered board to make the tap dancing easier. I also managed to get my Sennheiser G2 mounted under the 3rd tier and it seems to work a treat. The PP2 is also mounted underneath and all I need to do to actually complete it is to make up the George L patch leads I got from Gunny47 (cheers Nicky!) and change all the screws to black. I'm really happy with the way this turned out and although it is heavy, as you can see it is can be moved around without too much hassle if, as and when I decide to do a little pedal swapping.

Re: Pedal board update

Great work. Thats really sharp . I dont usually like homemade wood baords, but this one Rawks.Very functional also, especially the teirs.. 5 stars across the board; A+++++.
    "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Very, very, very nice.

Comment

That looks great Don. Just as good as it does in that other place

I used to use a massive board like that myself, can't say I miss all the acrobatics of trying to reach the pedals at the back!

Hope it works out for you.

Comment

AWESOME!

Jealous of that El Cap!
          Originally posted by jeremy
          God hates bad guitar tone
          GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
          AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
          EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
          Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Looks v nice, indeed.
            Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
            My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Looking good Don. I see you went for the wah in the bottom right corner!

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
                Great work. Thats really sharp . I dont usually like homemade wood baords, but this one Rawks.Very functional also, especially the teirs.. 5 stars across the board; A+++++.
                Thanks Jerry! It's made from 50mm strips of 9mm Hexaboard (coated plywood board that's used in the construction of flightcases) and 15mm baltic birch supports. The layout works well for me, the chain is

Sennheiser G2 > Wah > tuner > comp > chorus > phase > flanger > od > dist > T.M.B into front of amp

Delay > delay > boost into loop

Originally posted by jmcorey View Post
                Very, very, very nice.
                Cheers.

Originally posted by Brow View Post
                That looks great Don. Just as good as it does in that other place

I used to use a massive board like that myself, can't say I miss all the acrobatics of trying to reach the pedals at the back!

Hope it works out for you.
                Cheers Graig. The board is only 420mm from front to back so reaching the back isn't too much of a problem. The pedals I use the most are all at the front and I use my amps drive sounds for the most part.

Originally posted by Hoss View Post
                AWESOME!

Jealous of that El Cap!
                Many thanks, I appreciate it coming from one of the pedalmeisters on this board!

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
                Looks v nice, indeed.
                Cheers!

Originally posted by stevie_bees View Post
                Looking good Don. I see you went for the wah in the bottom right corner!
                heers Stevie! Yeah, whist it wasn't so bad I took your advice and glad I did!

Comment

Great stuff...

Comment

Beautiful! I'm glad the cables went to a worthy home! That's a very nice setup! And the Ibanez Flanger Gas begins!! I love those pedals!
                    - BlueBurst Campellone Standard CSTM (Kent Armstrong Johnny Smith Mini HB n)
                    - Pelham Blue Gibson DG-335 (Antiquity n/'78 b)
                    - Goldtop Gibson R7 (Antiquity HBs)
                    - Teal Green Metallic Fender '56 NOS Strat (Antiquity Surfers n&m/Antiquity Texas Hot Custom b)
                    - Tungsten Buckwheat
                    - Fender '57 Tweed Twin-Amp
                    - Vintage Sound Amps VS112P (Princeton Reverb clone)
                    - Henriksen JazzAmp 110

Comment

Nice board my friend.
                      Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
                      Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

That looks really good!
                        My Soundclick

Comment

you guys have the nicest stuff, makes me wanna spend money
                          i saw this band, and thought they were really great, until i saw what the guy was playing through........

Comment

Thanks guys, always nice to get some good feedback for something you've put together yourself rather than just bought off the shelf!

KIndred Spirits, yeah I'm looking to get a favorite switch for the El Cap and there's is a spot reserved for it.

Comment

Great looking board. I need to put the shelf back on mine, because I'm having trouble clicking the ones on the back row.

It's interesting to see all these MXR Classic OD's popping up on boards with high dollar pedals. Those are probably the best OD pedal for the money. I've got the green one on my board now, and use my cream one as a carry around OD pedal.
                              Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                              I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
                              X