No announcement yet.

My reverb pedal search led me to get...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My reverb pedal search led me to get...

...a delay pedal . I spent some time with my M9's reverb section and discovered there's actually some great stuff in there. A few good spring, plate, and room options, plus the octo (shimmer) and quite possibly my favorite - Particle. I found that cranking the mix to full with the particle reverb kills the dry guitar signal, and leaves me with swelly, synthy goodness. Perfect for some of the ambient pad work I do in a live setting.

The problem I ran into was that I want 3 or 4 different reverb settings to choose from... but only have 6 options at any given time with the M9 (and only 3 at once). I usually have a delay or two on, and a touch of noise gate with my single coil guitars, I just didn't have enough switches for everything.

So, I have a used DD-20 on the way to cover my delays, which will free up the M9 to handle my reverb, gate, and occasional modulation. I'm very slowly getting my pedalboard together, but I think once it's done I'll have an efficient board for my needs.
    After Osmosis | My Music | Instagram

Re: My reverb pedal search led me to get...

that's what it's all about!

it's cool to have the "hot new thing" and all...but it has to be practical and useful for me to keep it. i want things that i can actually use, and that make my playing easier and make it all sound better!
    Originally posted by jeremy
    God hates bad guitar tone
    GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
    AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
    EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
    Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss View Post
      that's what it's all about!

it's cool to have the "hot new thing" and all...but it has to be practical and useful for me to keep it. i want things that i can actually use, and that make my playing easier and make it all sound better!
      Exactly. I was drooling over the clips and reviews of the Eventide Space, but I'd really never use more than a fraction of what that pedal can do. I couldn't justify the cost or the irritation of powering the thing . I think this solution makes more sense for me and my playing.
      After Osmosis | My Music | Instagram

Comment

Good for you...i'm still lacking a reverb pedal for now.

I mainly play my Traynor in church and it has onboard reverb...a pretty good reverb at that. Of course it doesn't shimmy or shake or anything like that...but it's ok for now. The Special 6 doesn't have reverb at all...so i really miss it when i'm playing/practicing through it at home!
        Originally posted by jeremy
        God hates bad guitar tone
        GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
        AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
        EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
        Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Congrats!! DD-20's are great pedals!! I really like mine!
          Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Psalm 100:1

Comment

Sounds like a good solution! Really like my DD-20, have had it for more than six years. I just would like to see the stupid stuff (twist, warp) be dropped in favor for something more useful, but whatever. Nobody forces me to use those modes anyway.
            My Soundclick

Comment

I have a Verbzilla that I love. Sounds as close to Spring Reverb as I think you can get without the actual Reverb tank.
              "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
              "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Working...
              X