banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fender Super Champ X2....anyone use one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Super Champ X2....anyone use one?

This looks like it might be a nice little replacement for my aging (1995) Blues Jr.

Does anyone own one, or has given one a good run through?

I need a gigging amp on the cheap.
    Originally posted by tone4days
    we're not musicians, we're beer salesmen

Re: Fender Super Champ X2....anyone use one?

that thing is bad arse looking!! me want. I could see it replacing lotsa my amps...

Comment

Haven't used the X2 yet, but it uses the FUSE software that Fender has, so you can go in adjust your amp and effect models to sound the way you want. You can also surf user created models, and find and download ones you like. It would be worthwhile for that alone for sure, not to mention that it's hooked into a 15 watt tube amp. When the volume on those little guys gets over 7, they really cook.
      Last edited by guitfiddle; 02-14-2012, 01:14 PM.
      - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
      Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
      The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

seems like its a digital preamp with a tube power section, might be cool.

blues jr died or just needs replacement?

Comment

Jeremy.....it is tired and ready for backup use only. I don't trust it too much anymore.

Comment

The FUSE software is an excellent tool. As I said in my Mustang I review thread, you can do all your tweaking in the app in real time, and walk away from the computer with a completely different amp in your hands.
            Band: www.colouredanimal.com
            Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
            Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

That is the best part...not being stuck with what they loaded in at the factory.
              - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
              Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
              The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

gotcha. i had a '95 jr for years too and i eventually gave it to a buddy who only plays at home. never had a problem with it other than the crappy jack which i replaced with a normal switchcraft not attached to the board, and the reverb died a few times. after i got it fixed the last time i got rid of it. the decision was made easier since i already had my deluxe reverb

those old green board jr's are nice amps though. has it been giving you trouble?

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                  gotcha. i had a '95 jr for years too and i eventually gave it to a buddy who only plays at home. never had a problem with it other than the crappy jack which i replaced with a normal switchcraft not attached to the board, and the reverb died a few times. after i got it fixed the last time i got rid of it. the decision was made easier since i already had my deluxe reverb

those old green board jr's are nice amps though. has it been giving you trouble?
                  Too many trips in the back of the van....tolex is gone...lately has been sounding woofy....I think it is about worn out.

Comment

I for one find these new Super Champs to be a great idea. I love the Mustang amps and the Fuse software is truly remarkable. Unlike a lot of modelers and editors it's really straight forward and you can actually get useable tones out of it.

I bet with the tube section in the mix it sounds really great.

Comment

Working...
                    X