Need an effect - The Skints - Murderer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need an effect - The Skints - Murderer

Hey all, I'm going to be performing this song sometime real soon.

"Murderer" by The SkintsTaken from the album "Live Breathe Build Believe"Buy CD/Vinyl/Download: http://smarturl.it/skints iTunes http://itunes.apple.com/gb/a...

I'm hopeless with this sorta stuff so hopefully you guys can help out.

Basically, I need the guitar part in the background, I can play it all but I just can't figure the effect out. The part which is | A /// | F /// | G /// | repeated, the high pitch chords.

I have a Line 6 Pocket Pod and Boss DS-1 at my disposal.

Guitars, I have:
    Yamaha RGX212Z HSH strat
    Yamaha Pacifica 012 HSS strat w/Alnico II Pro in the bridge.

Amp will be a Marshall MG15DFX.

Help will be much appreciated here! Cheers all!

Re: Need an effect - The Skints - Murderer

Try a slap-back setting on your delay.
    And just to be specific: slapback typically uses a delay time of from 40 to 250 milliseconds, with little or no feedback.

Upstroke the chords.
    A large dollop of reverb.

Typical reggae sound.
    Last edited by MojoMonster; 02-16-2012, 08:09 PM.
    MM

2000 ES335LE Teal Blue, 2009 Gibson LP Trad Pro HCS, 2007 Edwards LP-130LTS/RE Lemon Drop, 2010 Gibson '50's Tribute Studio Goldtop.
    Carvin V3, Bogner Alchemist, Egnater Rebel 30, Peavey Classic 30, Dave Hunter Two-Stroke, Digitech GNX3, Carvin T100

Comment

just get a transparent drive ( even a boss super overdrive) with a good amount of high end, thats about all you need, and reverb
      i saw this band, and thought they were really great, until i saw what the guy was playing through........

Comment

also single coils would be the way to go
        i saw this band, and thought they were really great, until i saw what the guy was playing through........

Comment

You can also get the thinner tone using the neck/middle, or bridge/middle combos. That parallel tone is great for reggae/funk

Comment

Working...
          X