banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NPD: Delay content...Delay con...Delay...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD: Delay content...Delay con...Delay...

Some money in my PayPal account was burning an e-hole in my e-pocket, so I snagged a couple of used pedals. The first one got here today, a Boss DD-20. I've owned one in the past (got rid of it when I did an electric rig purge a couple of years ago) so I knew it would do what I want. This will free my M9 up for reverb/mod duty.

Note: I traded my PT Jr. for a PT1, so I'll have these back on a board in a couple of days. They'll be joined by the Skreddy Lunar Module that's en route. There's a couple more I plan on adding once my tax return lands, but they're just finishing touches really (compressor, Slow Gear clone).
    Last edited by FretFire; 02-17-2012, 03:05 PM.
    After Osmosis | My Music | Instagram

Re: NPD: Delay content...Delay con...Delay...

Nice pedal rig
    Originally posted by grumptruck
    No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
    Originally posted by Gear Used
    PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
    Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
    Mesa Stiletto Ace
    Gurus 5015
    Mesa Widebody 1X12
    Pedalboard

Comment

I remember you doing your electric gear purge back in the day man. That DD-20 is a nice pedal. A buddy of mine used one and he was a delay fiend and he got some really great tones out of it.
      Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
      It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
      Originally posted by LesStrat
      Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Originally posted by CapoFirstFret View Post
        I remember you doing your electric gear purge back in the day man. That DD-20 is a nice pedal. A buddy of mine used one and he was a delay fiend and he got some really great tones out of it.
        Yeah, I did it to fund a nice acoustic and played only that for well over a year. I think it was good for my playing, but I've been trying to figure out my electric rig again for the past few months . Pretty sure the guitars/amp are all set, now I'm trying to get a pedal board back together. I have two pretty different live playing situations, so I'm trying to worry about "my sound" instead of "typical sounds".
        Last edited by FretFire; 02-17-2012, 03:32 PM.
        After Osmosis | My Music | Instagram

Comment

That's the route I took. Some friends of mine think I'm crazy for clearing out my guitars to only have one or two guitars that I use all the time and having two of basically the same amps (though one is original and the other is a reissue).

I know my sound, I know my tones, and that's what I'm working with. Now that I've pretty much nailed down my effects pedals I'm in the process of building a pedalboard in the style of the Helweg Pedalboards. I just sent off my plans that I put together to a carpenter friend of mine who is going to cut the pieces for me and I'll begin tolexing and assembling them soon I hope.

Originally posted by FretFire View Post
          Yeah, I did it to fund a nice acoustic and played only that for well over a year. I think it was good for my playing, but I've been trying to figure out my electric rig again for the past few months . Pretty sure the guitars/amp are all set, now I'm trying to get a pedal board back together. I have two pretty different live playing situations, so I'm trying to worry about "my sound" instead of "typical sounds".
          Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
          It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
          Originally posted by LesStrat
          Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Very nice! DD-20's are great! I use mine a lot.
            Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Psalm 100:1

Comment

I have two of the "20" pedals (the Loop Station and the Rotary Ensemble). I'm sure that pedal is the business. Enjoy!!
              Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
              My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Love me some delay!

NEW STUFF ROCKS!!!
                Originally posted by jeremy
                God hates bad guitar tone
                GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
                AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
                EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
                Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Working...
                X