MI Audio Crunchbox.... V1 vs V2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MI Audio Crunchbox.... V1 vs V2

I just bought a V1 without thinking about this...

I know some pedals with just change the control layout, others will change parts when switching versions....

what are the differences in the crunchbox?
    Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
    Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Re: MI Audio Crunchbox.... V1 vs V2

If I'm not mistaken there is an internal control. I believe it helped tame some of the brighter tones it has.

I have a V1 and no complaints. I see no need for the internal control. At least for me personally.

You've got a great Marshall in a box pedal without breaking the bank.

Btw... how long before it hits the trading post? J/k
    Myspace,GoodbyeJune Myspace

Comment

I guess the CB I built is V2 cause it has the internal trimmer..I went with a different chip in mine.

I added an extra control to mine also... ;o)

Last edited by STRATDELUXER97; 02-20-2012, 10:46 AM.
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

What they said - V2 has the internal "presence" trim pot, V1 has the presence level fixed.
        Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
        Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

Cool, thanks guys!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_S View Post
            What they said - V2 has the internal "presence" trim pot, V1 has the presence level fixed.
            Cool pedal....I Like it better with the Burr Brown chip...Its more articulate..
            Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

And beggar guitar.... STFU.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Lamprecht View Post
                I just bought a V1 without thinking about this...

I know some pedals with just change the control layout, others will change parts when switching versions....

what are the differences in the crunchbox?
                Congrats, the CB is a great pedal and will rock your socks off!

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97 View Post
                I guess the CB I built is V2 cause it has the internal trimmer..I went with a different chip in mine.

I added an extra control to mine also... ;o)

That looks awesome, extremely tidy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by d1dsj View Post
                  Congrats, the CB is a great pedal and will rock your socks off!

That looks awesome, extremely tidy!!!
                  Thanks....Thats the only way I roll.... ;o)

Comment

Cool pedal....I Like it better with the Burr Brown chip...Its more articulate..
                    Is it any tighter and or less gritty?
                    Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Psalm 100:1

Comment

it was already mentioned above that V2 has the Presence pot it also has a different taper volume pot which helps dialing the volume a little easier where V1 has a lot of volume at around 9:00 on the setting.
                      I'm using V3 which is mostly cosmetic changes compared to V2 but I think some of the components were upgraded for higher quality ones, I've had all 3 versions and definitely like the improvements in V2 and V3 the presence pot is great for dialing the right amount of top end to match different amp and speakers!

Comment

Why wouldn't you put the presence pot on the outside????
                        Originally posted by Bad City
                        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                          Why wouldn't you put the presence pot on the outside????
                          On mine it is...

Comment

Originally posted by guitarkid View Post
                            Is it any tighter and or less gritty?
                            It still grinds real good and is "crunchy" but just better note clarity...

Comment

It still grinds real good and is "crunchy" but just better note clarity...
                              Cool! I might have to try swapping chips in my V.3
                              Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Psalm 100:1

Comment

Working...
                              X