Invader vs Liberator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invader vs Liberator

How accurate are the soundclips in WGS' website?

From the soundclips, the Liberator sounds really middy and punchy. The Invader is good too, but with more top end, and which seems to give it a little more "scooped" sounding.

I'm looking for a warm, middy - but surely not muffled - speaker for my JCM900 combo. It's got a G12-75 right now which I plan to put in a separate cab. Ideally, I'd want it to compliment the G12-75.

Re: Invader vs Liberator

lots of folks put a celestion v30 next to T75s to great result in pairs or quads, cos its very present and cutting in the mids, so it kinda addresses the areas where the t75 is weak, and vice versa. The other celestion thats good - and probably better on its own (which is what youll be mainly doing) is the K100.
    Its very powerful and warm. A good speaker to use with marshall amps if its the only speaker. The older version of it was called the H100. Its not as scooped as the T75. Its just kinda stronger and ballsier sounding with more mids. Its not as present or as cutting as the v30, nor as scooped as the T75. Its just a fat, strong british rock voiced speaker.
    I have one in my jcm900 MKIII mv combo.
    I have used t75s and v30s in the past also with various amps fwiw.
    Sorry i cant help with WGS as ive never tried them.
    Last edited by Chickenwings; 03-26-2012, 07:55 AM.
    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
    Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

If you were gonna go wgs i would go with a veteran or retro 30 to pair with a t75. I find thier sound clips quite accurate

Comment

I was so confused. I thought we had somebody that wanted to mount a Tom Delonge Strat pickup in a Marshall cabinet with a soderless potentiometer.
        green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Lol

Comment

With the newer Duncan products, I'd love to get me a Blackouts Mod preamp.

Nwy... I really want to have a speaker to warm up the tone of my JCM900 first and foremost. I'm afraid the V30s might be too bright?

Comment

I love V30s and Marshalls... greenbacks seem a bit warmer to me. Lots of guys do both but Id be happy with a V30 in there...
              green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
                I love V30s and Marshalls... greenbacks seem a bit warmer to me. Lots of guys do both but Id be happy with a V30 in there...
                I guess I'm going to youtube jcm900 DRs with V30s. Hopefully the clips won't sound fuzzy nor too bright.

Comment

Originally posted by fretburner View Post
                  Nwy... I really want to have a speaker to warm up the tone of my JCM900 first and foremost. I'm afraid the V30s might be too bright?
                  G12K100 or an older g12H100. same same.
                  "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                  Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Is there a WGS or Emi equivalent for those?

Comment

Working...
                    X