banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you convince a friend his tubes need replaced?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How do you convince a friend his tubes need replaced?????

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
    if it aint broke don't fix it
    This.
    Originally posted by Jessie's ghost
    I like having the stop bar all the way down. Sue me. I've got like six dollars.

Comment

tell him tubes are like car tyres. you can still drive and its still the same car, but it will handle different and will be more likely to end in tears the longer you use them and the more the wear out. You can drive around on bald tyres and everything will be fine until you end up in a ditch. For the amount of time hes been using them he will get a big benefit from a complete re-tube. I dont know why people think preamp tubes dont wear out like power tubes. On a lot of amps these are the ones working hardest. I guess the myth of the indestructible preamp tube is just another story propagated by the net.
      He should carry a spare set to gigs anyway. Might as well get a new set and keep the old ones as spares if he thinks they are still working fine.
      Dont worry too much...its inevitable he will need tubes and when he does get them he will finally say "wow! you were right!".
      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by mwalluk View Post
        He doesn't want to change his tone.
        If he likes the way it sounds, why should he change? IME, lots of things besides old tubes can cause an amp's tone to vary: line voltage and humidity have a surprising impact. Changing tubes might not help.
        Originally posted by LesStrat
        make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
        My Music

Comment

Originally posted by aleclee View Post
          If he likes the way it sounds, why should he change? IME, lots of things besides old tubes can cause an amp's tone to vary: line voltage and humidity have a surprising impact. Changing tubes might not help.
          I meant that more so as in get the same tubes for replacement as in finding out what his Groove Tubes are and getting those un-relabeled ones./
          Originally posted by grumptruck
          No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
          Originally posted by Gear Used
          PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
          Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
          Mesa Stiletto Ace
          Gurus 5015
          Mesa Widebody 1X12
          Pedalboard

Comment

Working...
          X