Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: a good metal pedal that's not fuzzy or grainy

Originally posted by Andrew Lamprecht View Post
    the crunchbox actually has a lot of gain on it.... sounded great when I had mine....

This is what I was going to suggest. You can do classic british heavy metal all day and you can get more modern stuff if you want too, just depends on the rest of your rig.

edit: ahhh I started writing a post and then came back to it after he posted what he bought. Hope you like it!

Comment

Originally posted by rumblebox View Post
      i just ordered an AMT E1. 95% of the demos i saw i liked, which is almost unheard of. i've got a good feeling about it. plus, i like engls.
      Good choice. If you ever decide you don't like it, check the OD-308 from Monte Allums. Greatest booster and OD pedal I've ever used.

Comment

To me the definition of distortion includes the words fuzz and grain, so I don't know.

Comment

i just ordered an AMT E1. 95% of the demos i saw i liked, which is almost unheard of. i've got a good feeling about it. plus, i like engls.
          Let us know how you like it, I was just listening to all of them yesterday - I liked the P1 too.
          Pulse 2AM - YouTube
          Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Check out the EHX Metal Muff top boost.

can't believe nobody's mentioned it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by innerdreamrecords.co View Post
              Let us know how you like it, I was just listening to all of them yesterday - I liked the P1 too.
              it was a tough decision between those 2.
              Regarding any post I've made before 2018, assume I've changed my mind by now.

Comment

I have the S1 that i tried with my 3120 but it only sounded good in the loop. I only use that pedal with my modeling rig when i play at low volumes.

Comment

Originally posted by ConvoysToNothingness View Post
                  Check out the EHX Metal Muff top boost.

can't believe nobody's mentioned it yet.
                  This one and the mxr fullbore metal, great pedals. The metal muff has a nice boost and the fullbore has a noise gate with sweep mids. My two favorites.

Comment

Working...
                  X