Why doesn't this effect exist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why doesn't this effect exist?

fox rox made those captain coconuts.... no not three different modulations, but it was Fuzz, vibe and octave up I believe? I could be wrong. They exist... but the problem is that not everyone wants just those options so the potential market gets smaller.

The line 6 M9 basically does what you ask.. yes it has more than you want, but it's not that much more than buying three different pedals, and for those nights you want wacky, they are in there.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

Damage Control Glass Nexus pedal?

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
        It just seems to me that there is no "middle" ground.

Single pedal, or the kitchen sink.

There are plenty of two-in-ones. Why not a three in one..
        Good question. The only answer I can think of is that once a device has enough CPU to do three things reasonably well, you've hit the point where you might as well throw in the kitchen sink.
        Originally posted by LesStrat
        make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
        My Music

Comment

Loop???
          What kind of loop???

Comment

Originally posted by aleclee View Post
            Good question. The only answer I can think of is that once a device has enough CPU to do three things reasonably well, you've hit the point where you might as well throw in the kitchen sink.
            Not just CPU, but display, controls, foot switches, and enclosure.

What Aceman wants is basically a unit with all the guts, switches, pots, buttons, and jacks of a multi effects unit ... but he only wants it to do three things ... oh, but you have to be able to program presets, like a multi effects unit ...

That's like calling Dell and telling them you want a powerful computer that can only run Word, Excel, and Minesweeper - nothing else.

Building a pedal like this would cost just as much as building a full-featured multi. Given that, there's zero point in limiting it to doing just those few things.

A Line 6 M9 will do everything you want. It will have more effects than you need, but who cares? Don't use them! It won't hurt anyone's feelings if you don't turn them on. Heck, I've actually pondered getting an M9 and just using it for delay - nothing else. Six foot-switchable presets of any effect you can imagine with tap tempo and a looper for four hundo isn't a bad deal at all.
            Band: www.colouredanimal.com
            Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
            Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

Ratherdashing = Rathermakingsense....
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by ratherdashing View Post
                That's like calling Dell and telling them you want a powerful computer that can only run Word, Excel, and Minesweeper - nothing else.
                And you still wouldn't get that.

"Minesweeper.exe cause a Fatal Exception Error in module Excel.dll. The module subdivided and became a sentient being, realized it was part of Windows, then killed itself, resulting in a registry error. Please click here to submit this report to Microsloth, who will do everything they can to forget about the problem as soon as possible."
                Originally posted by Brown Note
                I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
                My Blog

Comment

Eventide Harmonizer? Do EEEEVerything...
                  "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

Hmmm . . . unless I'm misunderstanding your question, the Yamaha MagicStomp II does that now. You have two basic modes of operation: the three foot-switches can be mode-up/on-off/mode-down, or assign your three favorite effects, and the buttons become effect-1/effect-2/effect-3 on/off.

It's a cool pedal.

Out of production, I think. But still available on the bay and such.

Comment

^ Good call
                      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                        Hmmm . . . unless I'm misunderstanding your question, the Yamaha MagicStomp II does that now. You have two basic modes of operation: the three foot-switches can be mode-up/on-off/mode-down, or assign your three favorite effects, and the buttons become effect-1/effect-2/effect-3 on/off.

It's a cool pedal.

Out of production, I think. But still available on the bay and such.
                        Only reason I didn't mention the Magicstomp was that the first gen unit I owned did end-to-end modeling, not just the stuff Ace was asking for. It was a very cool pedal, especially for the $$$.

It had an awesome 12 string preset.
                        Originally posted by LesStrat
                        make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
                        My Music

Comment

Magic Stomp! Good call!!!! Forgot about that....
                          Originally posted by Bad City
                          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

There is one thing that's really annoying about the MagicStomp. (Its why I only use it for reverb.) Common sense would tell you that the 3-effect mode would allow you to turn each one on or off. So you could have chorus, then add in reverb. Not so. Each effect is mutually exclusive of the other. Turn on "2", and you turn off "1".

Now, each effect can be any chain, so 1 could be chorus, while 2 could be chorus and reverb, but I still find that to be counter-intuitive.

Its the one little bump in an otherwise nice product.

Comment

Working...
                            X