2001 Mesa Boogie Rectoverb! WOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2001 Mesa Boogie Rectoverb! WOW!

I thought the Mini Rectifier sounded like a tin can. I am getting the Electradyne.

I meant...
    http://www.orangeamps.com/or50h-reissue-3/

Comment

Originally posted by papersoul View Post
      As I get older I am getting more into simple circuits, less knobs, less gain and more alt rock sounds so I think I may he best served by sticking to plan A which is a Mesa Electradyne or Orange Rockerverb or OH50.
      +1 I Like Dual Terror for that reason, not good for super cleans but simple layout.
      I need no stinkin signatures

Comment

back to Rectoverb!

Comment

You sure this time?

I checked out a lttle bit of the Electradyne. That thing is pretty sweet. Either way, I think going with a Mesa is a win situation.

Though in regards to Everdrone, I think I need an Orange in my collection at some point. May have to be one of my next projects.

LP Custom
          Greenbacks
          Boss SD-1

Comment

I still have this pristine Series II Rectoverb with a set of new GT-6L6-GE's that could use a loving new home. i need to get serious about moving it because I just don't have enough room for it.
            Mr. Way Too Proud of Texas Guy

Nothing nothing nothing, nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing.

Comment

I love my Trem-o-verb! It's a bit TOO fiddly for my day-to-day use, but I really cannot fault the amp's headroom and versatility.
              Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
              My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by Soulcrusher_X View Post
                You sure this time?

I checked out a lttle bit of the Electradyne. That thing is pretty sweet. Either way, I think going with a Mesa is a win situation.

Though in regards to Everdrone, I think I need an Orange in my collection at some point. May have to be one of my next projects.
                A used Electradyne head would be cool but they rarely come up used and are loud amps!

I like amps that can he used at home at low volumes and also crush at gig levels. My PWE and Shiva 20th do that well.

I can't find an Orange under $1000.
                The Electradyne is great but very close tonally to my PWE and Bogner Shiva.
                Rectoverb is different for sure but I do hate fiddling with EQ and my two Dual Rectifiers drove me nuts so I guess I have to really think about it.

I am going to he buying used and I can't find any used Electradyne heads. I don't want the combo.

Don't laugh guys, but I recently played a friend's Randall RM 50 with his own custom modules and I was floored. I used to not be thrilled with these but if I could find a used Randall RM50 head in beige, I would consider. Sounded killer at home volume and fine in his basement at gig volumes and versatile as hell.
                Last edited by papersoul; 04-29-2012, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by everdrone View Post
                  cool then, I would have a hard time NOT pulling the trigger on either of these thunder oranges: http://www.humbuckermusic.com/nsearc...ermusic.com%2F

ps humbucker music is dependable for new stuff everyone buys there - I just got my black arts toneworks pharoah from them and it is awesome! personally I would save up for the thunderverb tho....
                  again, thunder 30 in link above is $889.00

Comment

again, thunder 30 in link above is $889.00
                    How high gain is that? These days we are doing more, clean, semi clean, crunch and medium gain tones.

Comment

How high gain is that? These days we are doing more, clean, semi clean, crunch and medium gain tones.
                      not sure exactly what medium gain means to you considering you say alice in chains and other high gain stuff, but I am gonna take a gamble and say the orange rocker 30 would be your best bet. they dont make em any more but you can get a head used:

Get the best deals for Orange Rocker 30 at eBay.com. We have a great online selection at the lowest prices with Fast & Free shipping on many items!

better tubes, better build, more of the vibe. cleans are not so good, and heavy music downtuned not so good with 30 watts...

I recommend the thunderverb 50!! excells in ALL territories, worth saving up, http://www.humbuckermusic.com/orth50amhe.html

Comment

I thought the Mini Rectifier sounded like a tin can. I am getting the Electradyne.

I meant...
                        http://www.orangeamps.com/or50h-reissue-3/
                        Did you try one through a bigger cab? The 1x12 Mini slants do make them sound small (not to mention not having as much power as the big bros).
                        Last edited by GuitarGuy503; 04-29-2012, 10:21 PM.
                        Gibson Les Paul R8 in Ebony
                        Roland Cube 60
                        Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier Head & Mesa Boogie 2x12 Horizontal Rectifier Cabinet
                        BadCat Unleash V1 Attenuater/Re-amplifier
                        LoopMaster Clean Dirty A/B Looper Switcher
                        Mogami Cables
                        Mooer Candy Toppers
                        Pedals: Mad Professor Silver Spring Reverb, Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay, Neunaber Stereo WET Reverb, Keeley 30ms DoubleTracker, & TC Electronic Polytune.
                        Extras: AmpWedge & Auralex Great Gramma ISO Platform

Comment

Don't laugh guys, but I recently played a friend's Randall RM 50 with his own custom modules and I was floored. I used to not be thrilled with these but if I could find a used Randall RM50 head in beige, I would consider. Sounded killer at home volume and fine in his basement at gig volumes and versatile as hell.
                          Nothing funny about the Randall RM series. I used to own two (RM50 and RM100). They're nice amps. With the right preamp modules, they can sound fantastic.
                          Originally posted by grumptruck
                          No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
                          Originally posted by Gear Used
                          PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
                          Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
                          Mesa Stiletto Ace
                          Gurus 5015
                          Mesa Widebody 1X12
                          Pedalboard

Comment

I will most likely stick to plan A. Rectoverb or Electradyne.

Comment

To make it easier, I will probably get both amps this year....the Electradyne and the Orange. Shouldn't be a problem. I try to get one new amp and guitar per year, but I will just make it two.

not sure exactly what medium gain means to you considering you say alice in chains and other high gain stuff, but I am gonna take a gamble and say the orange rocker 30 would be your best bet. they dont make em any more but you can get a head used:

Get the best deals for Orange Rocker 30 at eBay.com. We have a great online selection at the lowest prices with Fast & Free shipping on many items!

better tubes, better build, more of the vibe. cleans are not so good, and heavy music downtuned not so good with 30 watts...

I recommend the thunderverb 50!! excells in ALL territories, worth saving up, http://www.humbuckermusic.com/orth50amhe.html

Comment

I think that is an excellent choice, cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X