Amp Emulator pissed me off. .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amp Emulator pissed me off. .

I got an RP155 today because I wanted clean amp tones a la Bassman and AC15 and man that pedal made me mad. . .just hiss hissy hissy.

I hate noisy pedals. Other pedals I plug into aren't noisy.

Back it goes with it's 9v adaptor between its legs. Nice feature set though and great price point.

sigh. . .

Anyone got any recommendations for an all in one pedal that can give good cleans for the Fender BASSMAN and the Vox AC15. . .clean!

and no extra noise, please. .

Re: Amp Emulator pissed me off. .

Check out the Tech 21 gear... I've been happy with all of the stuff I've picked up from them:

TradeMark 10
    Bass Driver DI
    Acoustic Driver DI
    "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

Tech21 has their Blonde and Liverpool pedals...both sound wonderful. If you need an all-in-one with effects solution, check out the very quiet POD HD 300 or 400 too.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Most times these amp/cam modelers don't sound good pumped into a guitar amp to put it simply .

To get it to sound it's best some times you have to run them through a clean as can be distortion less amp . A stereo amp is best if you want to get as much as you can out of this set up if it offers stereo outputs .

Sounds crazy but it works best this way with many modelers including Digitech . I know cause I own a Digitech GNX4 DAW and it's got the same basic guts as what you tried in that RP155 .

And remember to turn the out put setting correctly on the RP155 , this is a common error many make and blame the unit when in actuality the right output configuration switch was not engage correctly resulting in a:

" Tiny " and " thin " sound and not a " fat " one .

Check this out first before you send it back .

Easy man :

Hurricane Ramon
        It started for me with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in 54 on a Blues Harp and progressed , then life .....some death ....Evolving as I went like a small rock in a stream rounding out as I went with the flow as I go through the white waters and waterfalls of life . Life has always been interesting to me

Comment

I figured it'd be a versatile/useful headphone amp and direct recording tool. Never really thought of how they'd perform into an amp.

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
            I figured it'd be a versatile/useful headphone amp and direct recording tool. Never really thought of how they'd perform into an amp.
            =======================

Some do some don't . Depends , I know guys who love going through a POD-DAW- & P . A . system board and then through the monitors to hear themselves . Some would rather eat glass and gouge their eyes out with a dull knife than do this .

I have gotten great results with my DAW and I own vintage tube amps and stuff .

Lately I have been gong the " lightweight " approach to small venues when I do a duet or solo , I have found in these situations the DAW is more versatile .

Doesn't mean I'm dumping my tube amps though , I still love them . When I sit in with friends sometimes all I bring is a singular tube amp for either harp or guitar and or both .

It's all good .

Hurricane Ramon
            It started for me with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in 54 on a Blues Harp and progressed , then life .....some death ....Evolving as I went like a small rock in a stream rounding out as I went with the flow as I go through the white waters and waterfalls of life . Life has always been interesting to me

Comment

on my GNX pedal
              it says to turn off speaker simulation when going thru an amp
              I run my amp sims in thru the effects loop return
              to avoid the guitar amps preamp
              and no speaker sims unless using headphones or direct recording
              EHD
              Just here surfing Guitar Pron
              RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
              SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
              Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
              Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
              Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
              Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
              GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Love my Tech 21 British.

Comment

Another point to consider about noise - make sure the power adapter cable is not crossing the signal (guitar) cable.

I thought I had a cable going bad recently because I was getting a lot of hiss/noise in my tracks. Then I moved the ABY box and it went away. I noticed a thin AC adapter cable had somehow weaved between the Input and one of the Output cables of the ABY box, and once I re-routed it, the nosie went away.
                  Originally posted by Brown Note
                  I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
                  My Blog

Comment

that's useful information. . .also found out that a laptop plugged into the same circuit can mess up sound. .

Comment

AMT pedals ---> interface ---> DAW = win
                      Burny RLG-60, Baton Rouge AR81C/GACE
                      Line6 Helix LT, DV Mark Little 250GH, DV Mark Neoclassic 212

Originally posted by Empty Pockets
                      Musicians are ****ing retards.
                      Originally posted by ex-250
                      Beer can never be the source of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by P.A.Foholic View Post
                        AMT pedals ---> interface ---> DAW = win
                        **** that sounds epic.

but to the OP....its a cheapo digital amp emulator plugged into another amp altogether. what were you thinking?
                        "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                        Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

He was thinking it was what he had available, would be my guess. *Grin*

Comment

thats how a lot of compaies part young players fron their hard earned cash i guess. Promises of tonal bliss. The sansamp stuff is good tho, but even that wont make one amp sound like anotehr amp.
                            "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                            Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

No, they won't. They work best going into a PA mic channel, or straight into a power amp.

Comment

Working...
                              X