banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NAD: Go to buy a cable, come back with an amp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NAD: Go to buy a cable, come back with an amp.

Holy cow, what a bargain! To reduce the volume can't you just pull 2 tubes like with the old Marshall heads?

Comment

it works on the classic 50. i just pull 2 tubes and switch to 8 ohms.
      Regarding any post I've made before 2018, assume I've changed my mind by now.

Comment

Originally posted by super rad stuff View Post
        nice. that was my first tube amp too. bought one when i was 17 with the matching cab for 500+tax. wish i still had the head,
        Ditto.

I liked mine. I ended up selling it because it was to much to move, and to much of a footprint on stage, but it was a cool tube amp. Great platform for pedals and experimenting. Good times.
        - Gibson CS ES339 - Gibson Les Paul Trad - Gibson J-200 Standard - Fender Hwy1 Strat - Gibson Captain Kirk Douglas SG - Takamine E-series Acoustic - Fender Blues Deluxe - Fender Excelsior -

Comment

I saw a local band with the guitarist using a Windsor. I was really impressed with the tone. Complex, plenty of fur, not buzzy - a really satisfying hard rock tone.
          "Just like bad gas, they (metal riffs) sneak out every once in a while."
          Jah Paul Jo - Dread Zeppelin
          guitar pic site
          Original prog rock on soundcloud
          Original ambient guitar pieces on soundcloud
          Original blues on soundcloud.com

Comment

Originally posted by guitarkid View Post
            No, they used to be $399 at MF, with the 4x12 cab, and free shipping, a few years ago.
            You could be right. All I remember is that they were crazy cheap and I wanted one very bad for that price, but I couldn't justify the 100 watts.
            Originally Posted by IanBallard
            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Artie...Sorry, I didn't mean to burst any bubbles. GuitarKid corrected me...it may have been #399 for the 1/2 stack with free shipping. But nowadays that $265 is a really good price.
              Originally Posted by IanBallard
              Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Congrats Artie. I can't believe you got a tube amp for that price. Now you can start making it yours. Nothing like, here tweek, there tweek, everywhere, tweek tweek.
                Farhad aka Strat111

"The older I get, the better I used to be".
                Woke up this morning, sticky, broke, & confused.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
                  Artie...Sorry, I didn't mean to burst any bubbles. GuitarKid corrected me...it may have been #399 for the 1/2 stack with free shipping. But nowadays that $265 is a really good price.
                  No prob Doc. No bubbles were burst in the making of this thread.

Originally posted by Strat111 View Post
                  Congrats Artie. I can't believe you got a tube amp for that price. Now you can start making it yours. Nothing like, here tweek, there tweek, everywhere, tweek tweek.
                  Yeah, there's a ton of mods available on the net. I'm analyzing which I want to try.

And to whomever asked, yes, you can pull two tubes to tame it down to 50W.

Comment

Working...
                  X