banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Octavio Eats Batteries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Octavio Eats Batteries?

Is it normal for octavio pedals to eat batteries? I've had this thing a little over a month and it seriously is on it's 4th battery and I play only 2 or 3 times a week. Always unplug the input Jack. It does have a volume pot that when you turn it down clicks... I assume it's an on/off thing, but it says nothing of it in the manual.

Just wondering. Not a deal breaker as it sounds friggin awesome lol.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Re: Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Octavio Eats Batteries?

Never figured that out. The JH wah got an ac input. But not the JH-series fuzzy face or the octavio. The mysteries of Dunlop ...

Originally posted by nedcronin
    Pretty much what you suggested Ink.
    Originally posted by metalmachine
    dont worry about it bro. even if we dont like it...... were just internet ppl. not real ppl. more like a hulicination of a mythical forest creature.

Comment

When you get done playing turn that click switch OFF...that kills the drain to the battery and after that they will last a LONG time!
      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by Inkstained View Post
        Never figured that out. The JH wah got an ac input. But not the JH-series fuzzy face or the octavio. The mysteries of Dunlop ...
        The Fuzz Face and Octavio sound different when used with power supplies and most guys feel that they sound "worse" so that option was not included...

If they were powered my power supplies they would also require special cables or adapters so this also cuts down on operator error burning up pedals and power supplies...
        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Sweet, thought so. I love this thing lol.
          Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

It's a cool unit...the Dunlop Octavio is the next and likely last on my Octave up/Fuzz units...my main squeeze is an Octafuzz and I also have an Ultimate Octave for a different type of fuzz and octave up but I still want to add an Octavio...maybe a Rocket Ship Octavia but the Octavio and Octafuzz are my favs!

Comment

I almost bought the fulltone unit, but I liked the oldschoolness of the Octavio.

It's big, heavy, has no LED, but it's fun and sounds great and the enclosure is half the charm

Comment

Originally posted by xxxplorer View Post
                I almost bought the fulltone unit, but I liked the oldschoolness of the Octavio.

It's big, heavy, has no LED, but it's fun and sounds great and the enclosure is half the charm
                Trust me...I actually bought a used Octafuzz because I wanted the big enclosure!!!

I did an Octavia shootout a few years ago and for me the Octrafuzz was the clear winner if that style...the Mayer style is my least fav sound and the Octavio is a CLOSE second to the Octafuzz/Proctavia/Octivian, etc

I'm sure I'll be adding an Octavio to the mix soon enough!

The Octron is also a cool unit but I just didn't hang on to it.

Comment

My next pedal will either be the Fulltone Octafuzz II or Lovepedal Pickle Vibe.

I'd love to have an Octavio too, but the battery issue bugs me. I wish I could come across a cheap one on Craigslist.
                  Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                  I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
                    My next pedal will either be the Fulltone Octafuzz II or Lovepedal Pickle Vibe.

I'd love to have an Octavio too, but the battery issue bugs me. I wish I could come across a cheap one on Craigslist.
                    Be warned...if you want a univibe the Pickle Vibe will only make you a little happy...

What battery issue???

The battery only issue??

Comment

Pickle vibe is just a reworked phase 45 from what i gather. I had one. I'm waiting on a wilson haze vibe now.

Comment

Not to hijack the thread, but yeah I may rule out the Pickle Vibe, and stay with the idea of the Fulltone Deja Vibe. I used to have a gold one I should have held onto.

And I know batteries probably sound better with things like fuzz and octave fuzz, but I'm already dealing with a Fuzz Face's batteries, being the first in the chain and easy to remember to unplug. But the Octave pedal would be further into the board, and I don't want another pedal to unplug every time. First, I'd try the sag feature on the PPII, and see what that does, since I've never even used it before.
                        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
                          Not to hijack the thread, but yeah I may rule out the Pickle Vibe, and stay with the idea of the Fulltone Deja Vibe. I used to have a gold one I should have held onto.

And I know batteries probably sound better with things like fuzz and octave fuzz, but I'm already dealing with a Fuzz Face's batteries, being the first in the chain and easy to remember to unplug. But the Octave pedal would be further into the board, and I don't want another pedal to unplug every time. First, I'd try the sag feature on the PPII, and see what that does, since I've never even used it before.
                          The Dunlop Octavio has a battery kill switch on the FUZZ pot...just turn it till it clicks...no dead batteries...

The SAG feature is cool but IMHO on fuzz and octave units it's not so great...

Deja Vibes are great for an easy to get, no wait list decent price used vibe...I never have "upgraded" from my Mini Deja Vibe but I'd never pay the money big box Deja Vibes command...

Comment

Just played with it for about an hour this morning and running my EJ fuzz into the octavio really brings some wicked sounds! I spent the better part of 20 minutes just letting notes decay and fiddling with my volume control and moving around the amp... way too much fun!

Rock n' roll is bout to make a comeback in the hampton roads area lol... I'm going to make all sorts of fun noise and sound men will hate me. Hehehehe!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
                              The Fuzz Face and Octavio sound different when used with power supplies and most guys feel that they sound "worse" so that option was not included...

If they were powered my power supplies they would also require special cables or adapters so this also cuts down on operator error burning up pedals and power supplies...
                              tgwif, what do you think of the MXR Classic 108?

Originally posted by nedcronin
                              Pretty much what you suggested Ink.
                              Originally posted by metalmachine
                              dont worry about it bro. even if we dont like it...... were just internet ppl. not real ppl. more like a hulicination of a mythical forest creature.

Comment

Working...
                              X