Rig Pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rig Pics!

It's beautiful outside and I was working in the garage and happened to plug in and play for about an hour and lost all track of time lol!

I decided to snap a few pictures of my rig as I havn't done it in years and it was sounding so good I figured I'd share my pride

Signal Chain is: Guitar (Gibson explorer gothic with WCR Darkbursts or Gibson 60's tribute SG with P-90s stock) > Eric Johnson Fuzz Face > Dunlop Octavio > Wilson Wah (in cry baby shell) > MXR '74 Phase 90 reissue > Fulltone FD2 with Mosfet > Ibanez EQ > Pitch Black Tuner > Amps

Amp rig is Marshall JCM 800 2204 (1982) into a Direct box into my first Ear Candy Cab with Celestion Vintage 30's. Out of the DI it goes to a Roland SDE-2500 Digital Delay into a Peavey 60/60 power amp and into a second buzz bomb with a celestion G-12M65 and a random Eminence I had laying around.

Goes from country clean to Brootz.

Notes: EQ is used as a fake clean channel and is placed close to the fulldrive on purpose so I can hit both if need be to go from crystal clean (well almost ) to all out chunk.

The SDE-2500 while a delay, is actually used primarily as a chorus sound. I have it set subtle but it sounds great clean or dirty without sounding cheesy.

EJ fuzz is awesome, but gets along better with my SG than my explorer. Makes my amp explode or sound like a violin depending on how I set my guitar's controls. Love it.

Lots to tote around, but sounds SHWEET! On small stages I bring just the head and one cab and maybe a pedal if I want... sometimes not even a drive pedal lol.
    Last edited by xxxplorer; 04-27-2012, 10:53 AM. Reason: added notes.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Re: Rig Pics!

Nice setup. Sounds like it was a great day. Thats an interesting EQ setting.

Comment

Nice rig! Where do you set the pre-amp gain on the 2204? I'm guessing light to medium dirt...

Comment

Pre is usually around 7. Good and crunchy.
        Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

I have a '80 JMP 2104 (2204 in a combo) and I set the gain around 7 too - it's the sweet spot!

Comment

It really is, any more it's a bit too much and less it's a lil thinner to me.

Comment

Wow, did you manage to endure the nightmarish Ear Candy ordering process TWICE?!? Or were either of those cabs bought used?
              Band: www.colouredanimal.com
              Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
              Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

Originally posted by ratherdashing View Post
                Wow, did you manage to endure the nightmarish Ear Candy ordering process TWICE?!? Or were either of those cabs bought used?
                I scored the second one used, traded a mesa recto cab for it. First one SUCKED THOUGH! Showed up 2 months late and he forgot to load it with speakers. They do sound great though!

Comment

I don't understand the use of a direct box here, but would love to hear it all live!

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
                    I don't understand the use of a direct box here, but would love to hear it all live!
                    He uses the direct box to send the post-amp signal through the delay prior to the peavey poweramp.

Originally posted by xxxplorer View Post
                    I scored the second one used, traded a mesa recto cab for it. First one SUCKED THOUGH! Showed up 2 months late and he forgot to load it with speakers. They do sound great though!
                    I also own a buzzbomb that showed up late, as did my younger brother's. I bought mine in 2007, so I don't remember exact details but I seem to remember it being 4-6 weeks late.
                    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

I'd post clips... But they'd be with an iphone and it just wouldn't be right lol.

Comment

Nice setup!

I've been having a blast with my Eric Johnson Fuzz Face, and the JB and Hendrix ones.

The EJ is the extreme one out of the 3.

I just picked up a Fulltone Octafuzz 2 for $80 tonight, and am blown away by that pedal as well. I didn't realize it's fuzz mode would be so good. And the Octave fuzz setting gets that cool steel drum thing to a T. It works best with a strat neck pickup though.
                        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by xxxplorer View Post
                          Yeah, mine looked and sounded awesome, but I had three issues with it:

- it showed up three months late, and I'm not convinced it would have shown up at all if I hadn't threatened to file a dispute with my credit card company
                          - it was hooked up completely wrong when I got it
                          - there was a weird dead spot (i.e. couldn't hear anything) if you stood right in front of the middle of the cab.

I am much happier with my Mesa Stiletto 4x12, and I didn't have to deal with Tim's madness to get it!
                          Band: www.colouredanimal.com
                          Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
                          Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

That sucks man! I don't have any dead spot issues with either of my cabs. It seems people either love or hate these things. I tried to replace my first one with a mesa cab but everything felt wrong with the 4x12. Things were stiffer and the recto cab was actually more beamy.

I've wanted to try and find a JCM800 cab, but non turn up for a good price around here.

Comment

i feel like the ej fuzz face was supposed to be more of a collectors item than an everyday pedal. That will be worth a lot pretty soon, (if not now), be careful with it
                              i saw this band, and thought they were really great, until i saw what the guy was playing through........

Comment

Working...
                              X