Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AMT E1 demo

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
    I have an S1 that I've barely even messed with.
    Same as my E1!
    BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum
    My band: Sonicstate

Comment

i'm kind of pissed that i spent 130 bucks on a pedal and they can't even include a power supply.
      Regarding any post I've made before 2018, assume I've changed my mind by now.

Comment

I got my 12v power supply from AMT USA it was about 20 bucks with shipping.

Also I should recommend using the AMT power supply. It's a switching type power supply but it is very quiet. I tried serveral 12v power supplies and they were all noisey with the amt pedals. Got theirs and no hum at all.
        Last edited by big kurka; 05-05-2012, 01:52 PM.
        There's no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid mistakes!

Schecter Hellraiser solo-6 and solo-6FR, Schecter C-1EX,
        Edwards LP Lemon drop, ES-335 copy, Fender Telecaster
        Boss GT-10
        Rocktron Velocity 300
        Two custom built 2x12 cabs with V-30 & G12T-75's in each cab
        Marshall Mode Four/MF 400 cab
        AMT Legend series pedals V1, F1, R1, E1, M1, P1, D2 and growing

Comment

UPDATE: i got to use the pedal with a 12vdc cable, and it helped a lot. it offers enough gain to use by itself instead of having to be used in conjunction with the amp's gain channel or an OD pedal.

Comment

@rumblebox - Do you do know that this is a preamp pedal and not a normal stomp box pedal? It should NOT be run in front of an amp's preamp period. It was designed to run through the power amp section only. By placing it front of an amp you will be running a preamp into a preamp. The tone will be even better if you run it through the effects loop returns. Just saying not trying to be a smartass or anything. I've read lots of reviews were people place the pedal in front of an amp like a regular pedal and couldn't understand why the pedal sounded like crap.

Boss GT-10
            Rocktron Velocity 300

Comment

Originally posted by big kurka View Post
              @rumblebox - Do you do know that this is a preamp pedal and not a normal stomp box pedal? It should NOT be run in front of an amp's preamp period. It was designed to run through the power amp section only. By placing it front of an amp you will be running a preamp into a preamp. The tone will be even better if you run it through the effects loop returns. Just saying not trying to be a smartass or anything. I've read lots of reviews were people place the pedal in front of an amp like a regular pedal and couldn't understand why the pedal sounded like crap.

Ummmm...... Yes.

Originally posted by rumblebox View Post

the E1 is the only thing running through the effects loop.
              But i sometimes run my bad monkey at the same time for some "power tube" overdrive tones.
              Last edited by rumblebox; 05-08-2012, 11:24 PM.

Comment

UPDATE: i got to use the pedal with a 12vdc cable, and it helped a lot. it offers enough gain to use by itself instead of having to be used in conjunction with the amp's gain channel or an OD pedal.
                Holy c*w batman! I tried it with a 12 volts adaptor (I just remembered I had bought one for the kids' toys.

I had only tried mine with a 9 volt battery. The pedal sounds more real and got tons of sustain and less fizz/buzz.

@big kurka Thanks for the EQ settings. I just did not find the time to try them out as I've been testing the E1 with the 12 v. I'll keep ya posted.
                BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA
                Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum
                My band: Sonicstate

Comment

@rumblebox Sorry I saw this post and forgot all about your previous post stating that you ran it in the effects loop. My bad

Boss GT-10
                  Rocktron Velocity 300

Comment

lol it's all good

Comment

Has anyone tried out the 2nd series of these pedals which has 2 channels?

jeff
                      Kiesel Aries Blood Red (M22SD/M22V)
                      ESP LTD KH Quija Red Sparkle
                      Friedman Be-OD Deluxe/AMT P-Drive, Boss RV-6 --> AMT Tube Cake --> 1x12" EVH Cab w/ Celestion Lynchback

Comment

No not yet. I don't think they are availible yet, but I haven't checked in the past week.

Boss GT-10
                        Rocktron Velocity 300

Comment

Working...
                        X