Egnater Armageddon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egnater Armageddon

On thursday night I went to an Egnater demo from the local dealer, they demoed all of the amps from tweakers, rebels, vengeance, etc. Afterwards I got the chance to try the armageddon for a few minutes.

Really cool amp, excellent clean channel, and the two high gain channels where nice too, a very dry distortion with a lot balls but still tight bottom end, with smoothness on the high end, kinda reminended me of the tone in the song 'Isolation' from alter bridge.

My opinion was this amp is great form modern high gain / metal, not so good for thrash and old school metal due to the lack of a sharp high end, so I thought wouldn't try any Pantera or Slayer in this amp.

Anyways since I only got it for a few minutes, I'd like to know if anyone else here gave it a try and how did you feel it.

Re: Egnater Armageddon

any more feedback on these?? (prolly not with the Isp haha) But anyone played em?

Also, are they coming out with a Vengeance too?? The armageddons are in the catalogs and stuff now.. More expensive than I expected. $1799
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I saw some demos on the Vengeance and the Armageddon a while back. Both high gain monsters, but I believe the Vengeance is more along the lines of a Marshally kinda tone (higher gain though), whereas the Armageddon is much more modern.

Both killer sounding amps though.

Comment

From what I've seen and heard, they're pretty much Egnaters take on the Bogner Uberschall and XTC.
        Gear: More junk than I know what to do with

Comment

When I worked in a music store it sold Egnaters for a short period. Really nice amps. The Tweaker is the ultimate single-channel amp for tonal versatility. The Renegade also really impressed me. That store also had a Tourmaster, which IMO is in league with the Mesa Roadking and JVM410.

I recently heard a guitarist playing a PRS studio 22 custom through an Eganter 2x12, not exactly sure which one, but I think it was a Renegade. Sounded great, no matter what cover they did!
          "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

I would just go with the vengeance its a 1000, and its killer sound nice tight bottom end with cutting you can do any kinda metal you wanted to with it and it loves passive pickups

Comment

I was at GC last week and was also blown away by the vengeance. I liked it more than the armageddon, it seemed more clear to me, and less stuff to fiddle with. I like simplicity. wouldn't trade my 6505+ for it tho.

Comment

Hmmm interesting!! I love my lil Tweaker.. It gets the most play of my amps currently.
                I like the Renegade and have heard Fastredponycar on Utoob get some amazing tones outta one. Including a killer brown tone.

Im really curious how the Armageddon and Vengeance will play out, espec if they are Bogner aimed...
                Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

if you want a 3 channel highgain amp the armegeddon is amazing i played one atr my local gc for like 4 hours great amp

Comment

Working...
                  X