banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do some fuzzes sound different after a buffered pedal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do some fuzzes sound different after a buffered pedal?

Why do some fuzzes sound different after a buffered pedal?

I bought an awesome Super 8 Bit fuzz pedal from FX Doctor... and I noticed it loses it's glitchy sputtering character if I don't put it first in my chain.

Re: Why do some fuzzes sound different after a buffered pedal?

Fuzz like high impedance in, buffers do the high in and low out impedance...and fuzz do not like that as they are high in and out!

Comment

Originally posted by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon View Post
      Fuzz like high impedance in, buffers do the high in and low out impedance...and fuzz do not like that as they are high in and out!

Thanks for the info. That's interesting. Besides fuzz, are there other types of pedals that only like high impedance signals?

Comment

Oldschool overdrives from the 70's....mostly nonboss and Ibanez/Maxon ones.
        Some old Flangers from back then as well, plus a few chorus units...but mostly they are from the late 70's!
        The OCD is a modern pedal that also uses oldschool impedance...they are not meant for big pedal boards, unless placed first.

Comment

This is why I had to ditch my OCD. Even if I used all true bypass pedals, if i kicked on a flanger or a phaser it 'goofed' up the sound. I never liked running my od's before my phase or flange so it had to go.
          Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

hmmm....all my pedals are true bypass

my tc polytuner and alice in chains jerry cantrell wah are ahead of my fuzz and so is my g-string noisegate

I use for fuzz the black arts toneworks pharaoh

is this ok and not mess up my fuzz tonez?

Comment

Wah is seldom a cause for alarm with fuzz....well sometimes it gets weak if the impedance do not match up, or the fuzz makes it feedback if it cannot take the gain!
              True bypass is of no matter if you engage the pedals in front of the fuzz....then it will show if they do not work in the given order.

If you have had no nasty tones then it should be peachy!

Comment

Working...
              X