my triple x is haunted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my triple x is haunted.

i have a peavey triple x...it is still under warranty......one day it starts making this whooshing sound in and out..so i try taking the effects out ..just the amp and guitar...the noise is still there..so i break out my spare peavey the old rock master...no problem it sounds fine....put the effects back in the chain...no problem sounds fine.....so i box up the triple x and take it to an authorised repair place..they plug it in and....nothing...it works fine....he says theres no issue...i take it back home...plug it in and the damn thing starts whooshing again...wtf?
    play louder than the other guy.....

Re: my triple x is haunted.

Take it to a buddies house and try it there. You may just need a power conditioner.

Comment

I get all kinds of crazy noises on my xxx and I suspect it is because there are all of these huge power lines running just outside the window of my guitar room. When I go to a different room the problem disappears. Also, it should be pretty easy to remove your reverb tank, just a plastic plug to remove, that will help you narrow it down.

Comment

I had the same problems with my laptop, sort of.

It works perfectly in my apartment and wife's workplace but when I took for a an evening of LAN play at a friend's it just wouldn't start or freeze shortly after booting. Didn't matter whether it was plugged in to the wall or running on batteries.

Must be something around the house. Plug anything in lately into the electrical system? (ie: a new TV? Toaster? Battery charger? etc etc).
        "The amp has been making a lot of noise and acting funky, perhaps it may be aware of the amount of rock it's about to be punished with" ~GearMannDude
        "30 days of dating doesn't seem like cheating. It seems like legitimate playing the field, and you happened to catch a pop fly..." ~Aceman
        "If all else fails, wank, fall asleep, come back to it the next day." ~GuitarStv
        "The crowd has no perception of tone...only timing and flow." ~Glassman

Comment

Working...
        X