banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Fuzzjoneser...Fuzz Face shootout vid...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Fuzzjoneser...Fuzz Face shootout vid...

Joe you (and Christian too since he's a fuzz junkie) may get a kick out of this vid Jeorge Tripps just tweeted a link to...

www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Re: Hey Fuzzjoneser...Fuzz Face shootout vid...

Great shootout! It's so much better to have a loop switcher, so there's no lapse between hearing them. The differences are fairly subtle, so you've got to hear them back to back really quick like that.

I have all of them but the red one, and my favorite is still the Bonamassa because it's the smoothest and least sputtery. Then, the Hendrix because it's got good gain and a controllable reaction to the fingers. The EJ has a lot of sustain and can really sing when you back the gain down to 7. Past that, and the EJ gets pretty splattery. It's also a bit thinner in tone than the other 3.

I kinda like the red one too, but when he backed the volume down it lost all it's presence, whereas the Hendrix has the best presence.

I'm probably going to keep the Bonamassa on my main board, and that's kind of unfortunate because it's the one with the most delicate finish. The hammertone finishes are bullet proof. I'll probably keep all three and rotate them according to which amps and guitars they sound best with. I haven't really owned the JB and EJ long enough to have discovered all the magic, but I prefer the fatness and clarity of the JB so far.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Gearmanndude did one as well between the bonamassa and the ej. Both sounded great, just different. I really really like the sputter of the ej
      Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

Bonamassa and Red One.

Comment

I see a EJ Fuzz in my future.

Comment

Originally posted by xxxplorer View Post
            I really really like the sputter of the ej
            The EJ definitely has that cool 'amp ready to blow the speakers and explode' type sound going on when dimed. If you want it to sing better, just back off the gain.

Comment

cool video, thanks
              i saw this band, and thought they were really great, until i saw what the guy was playing through........

Comment

Neat clip.

I think since Jeorge has been around at Dunlop that junk red Fuzz Faces have been getting better and better...they still lack a LOT if you compare to a nice Ge Fuzz Face IMO but they sound a lot better than the earlier red Fuzz Faces!

I like that they are doing these signature FF's but I have to be honest, I'm not nuts about the JB or the EJ...they are cool but neither really knock me out.
                If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

You spelled his name wrong in the thread title. It's Queerjoneser.

Comment

I like the EJ the best

Comment

They all have a unique vibe about em but to my ears the Hendrix Fuzz has the voicing I liked best. Although the Red Fuzz Face has a really cool singing vocal quality when Mr. Santiago went to the higher register. I really want a Fuzz Pedal....

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
                        You spelled his name wrong in the thread title. It's Queerjoneser.
                        Who's the guy playing metal on a purple tele???

Comment

I'm genuinely surprised that I dig the Hendrix 'Face better. Even the plain-jane red fuzz was closer to home for me.

Originally posted by nedcronin
                          Pretty much what you suggested Ink.
                          Originally posted by metalmachine
                          dont worry about it bro. even if we dont like it...... were just internet ppl. not real ppl. more like a hulicination of a mythical forest creature.

Comment

Working...
                          X