redoing an amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• redoing an amp

I need to redo/freshen up my JCM 800. the thing was recapped a coupla years ago, so I dunno if this will need done. Im going to replace some jacks and some noisy pots and check things out. Want to get my parts ordered before hand.. what parts should I be prepared with?
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: redoing an amp

I'd say just hit all the pots and jacks with a little DeOxIt and see what ya got. A cap job on a Marshall should last 15 years minimum so I would cross that off your list. Check your bias...a good cleaning and bias touch up are all that most amps like that need.
    Now operating part time: Glassman Tube Amps...repairs, rebuilds, restorations & modifications of tube equipment.

Still building: GlassMan Amplifiers (25 watt, all tube, single channel w/reverb, single 12" combo) and some more designs in the works.

Located in Fort Wayne, IN

Note: I've "parked" my website in case anyone has been looking for it. I moved locations and haven't updated the site to reflect this.

Comment

^ +1. Glassman helped me out with my Marshall.
      Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

thanks! Im replacing some of the input jacks.. they all have chunks of plastic missing from around them and arent tight and virginal feeling...
        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
          virginal feeling...
          You'd better add KY jelly to your list.
          Now operating part time: Glassman Tube Amps...repairs, rebuilds, restorations & modifications of tube equipment.

Still building: GlassMan Amplifiers (25 watt, all tube, single channel w/reverb, single 12" combo) and some more designs in the works.

Located in Fort Wayne, IN

Note: I've "parked" my website in case anyone has been looking for it. I moved locations and haven't updated the site to reflect this.

Comment

LOL

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
            X