GT-100 help into 6534+ head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT-100 help into 6534+ head

Man I finally got all my pedals work perfect 4 me. Moving on to the Boss GT-100. I cant figure out the connections. the manaul IMO isnt to user friendly. This is going into my 6534+. I have been tryen a few differant things. Set to the right kind of amp its running through. I just dont know what plugs wear? head to GT-100. Also Do I need a seperate Noisegate pedal aswell? are is the built in one doable.
    Thanks guys. I need a brew
    Last edited by desertdude; 05-18-2012, 11:17 PM.

Re: GT-100 help into 6534+ head

So is your goal to have one if every Peavey head and a different multiFX for each one?

Plug your guitar into the pedals input...plug the pedaals output into the front of your amp. Play guitar. Stop stressing about the tools and build the house.
    green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Tryen, thanks for the info buddy.

Comment

Not sure if the reply to your PM was sent or not. So I'll just repost it in this thread.

Check this link out:
        http://www.bossgtcentral.com/showthr...the-GT10%29...

That is for the GT10 but will work for the GT100 too since the cable setup is the same. The user interface is different so some settings/menus might be accessed differently I guess. You'll be able to get so much more help about almost anything GT related if you ask it over an their forum in the GT100 section. They are super helpful to answer to anything GT related.

I'll just point you to the basic cable setup process though anyway, you will need Four Cables
        1. GT Send to Amp Input
        2. Amp Send to GT Return
        3. GT Out(L/Mono) to Amp Return
        4. Guitar to GT Input

Now after that is done, the remaining process lies in the GT100 & the Amp. For that refer to the above link I posted.
        The above method allows you to put effects before & after your preamp.

If you want only to use the GT for delays, reverbs, chorus & some modulation effects after the preamp then you can simplify the process further like this:
        1. Amp Send to GT Input
        2. GT Out to Amp Return
        3. Guitar to Amp Input

The word on the street is that the user interface is greatly simplified on the GT100 than the previous models so it shouldn't be too hard to get around the menus and stuff.

That's about it. I still suggest if you have further questions related to the GT100 then ask over at the GT Central forum. I don't have experience working with the menus inside the thing so I won't be able to help on that.
        MY gear:
        PRS SE Custom 22 (with SD 59' neck & SH14 C-5 bridge)
        GH100L & GS412IS
        Hardwire DL8
        535q Wah
        Boss NS2

Comment

You have a 6534 and you wanna muck it up with a gt100? Man just tell me you're not using the amp models. Thats like buying a Porsche and putting those 20" master p type rims on it
          Ibanez S520-> NS2->TS9 (Monte Allums Modded)->JCA100H->Emi Texas Heat 4x12

Comment

Originally posted by Mattr4president View Post
            You have a 6534 and you wanna muck it up with a gt100? Man just tell me you're not using the amp models. Thats like buying a Porsche and putting those 20" master p type rims on it
            I agree. Ill be bypassing amp/cab, so it will be peavey sound at all time. in every patch to. I DO like my seperate pedals better..

Comment

Working...
            X