Variable voltage requirements for pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Variable voltage requirements for pedals

If your pedals say they can take anything from 9v to 18v...do you try giving them 18v?

I'm asking because I have a MP SHOD and a Dunlop Brick and was wondering if I should risk it. (Risk because somewhere deep down inside I feel as if providing the max amount of voltage would make it too easy to over do it and fry a pedal)
    "The amp has been making a lot of noise and acting funky, perhaps it may be aware of the amount of rock it's about to be punished with" ~GearMannDude
    "30 days of dating doesn't seem like cheating. It seems like legitimate playing the field, and you happened to catch a pop fly..." ~Aceman
    "If all else fails, wank, fall asleep, come back to it the next day." ~GuitarStv
    "The crowd has no perception of tone...only timing and flow." ~Glassman

Re: Variable voltage requirements for pedals

Really? No one has ever done this?
    "The amp has been making a lot of noise and acting funky, perhaps it may be aware of the amount of rock it's about to be punished with" ~GearMannDude
    "30 days of dating doesn't seem like cheating. It seems like legitimate playing the field, and you happened to catch a pop fly..." ~Aceman
    "If all else fails, wank, fall asleep, come back to it the next day." ~GuitarStv
    "The crowd has no perception of tone...only timing and flow." ~Glassman

Comment

If it says it can take it, do it. It should be fine.
      I've a ran a few pedals at higher voltages. The OCD being one of them.

You'll prabobly like it.

Comment

Both my MI Audio BBD and CB sounded better at higher voltage.

Comment

in digital pedals it doesnt matter but in analog overdrives it gives more headroom and generally a "cleaner" tone. i love my barber ltd at 18v

Comment

Yeah, go for it. I run my Kalamazoo at 18V, sounds great.
            My Soundclick

Comment

Working...
            X