Help! Which cab is this? (Carvin)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Which cab is this? (Carvin)

Dudes need help identifying this Carvin Cab.
    And also which is the "new" price of it.
    Pics are in the attachments.
    Thanks!
    http://www.myspace.com/nunoslasher

Re: Help! Which cab is this? (Carvin)

Dunno, but that looks quite nice!
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

That's their standard 2x12 cab. Carvin's been making it for many years. I've got one that's at least 10 years old. No telling what it's loaded with from the pic...probably 70-100watt Carvin speakers. The box itself is quite sound and not too heavy and it's half open in the back. Look up the price at the carvin site

Comment

Thanks SlyFoxx but i Cant find it on the Carvin web...
        Do you like it?

Comment

I like it just fine. It was my main gig cab for many years. Mine was loaded with 100 watt carvin speakers...they had a V30 vibe to them.

Comment

You have to open it up and see what speakers are in it. I have a Carvin Legacy 2x12 cab, which is loaded with Celestion V30 speakers stock. Carvin speakers are made by Eminence I believe, so they're good. Some of those 2x12's recently came with options for Celestion V30's, so you could have those or you would have the Carvin speakers.

The Legacy 2x12 is the same cabinet but with Celestion V30's, different cosmetics, and you could remove one of the panels to make it open or closed back. Even if it doesn't have Celestions, the stock Carvins always had a good reputation, and the GT 12's tend to sound like Celestion V30's

Comment

not much help with your question, but I have a Carvin MTS 4x12 that has the British series speakers and it has served me very well
              Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Ive been told that this cab had the original speakers replaced by Celestions GT 75.
                Ive read that those are kinda scooped, but what do you think?
                The head ill be using is the new EVH 5150 50watts that has lots of mids, so it will be balanced right?
                I know i have to go and try it before, but that i will do on sunday! and im dying of curiosity, so please tell me what you think bros!

Comment

żżżAre the Celestion 75 better than the stock Carvin Speakers of that cab???

Comment

I wouldn't say either is better. It's a matter of taste.

Comment

Carvin used 75's for a while a few years back so they may well be the stock speakers for that cab.
                      Here is the listing for that cab new. http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/G212
                      Carvin cabs are Poplar Plywood and quite well built. I personally never cared for the tone on the standard 1and 2/12's as I found them lacking bottom + small and boxie sounding. The 4/12's and larger Legacy 2/12's however were really nice sounding cabs.
                      Try it with your head and see how it works in you environment it might just work well with the head you have.
                      Last edited by Ascension; 05-24-2012, 02:12 PM.
                      Guitars
                      Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                      Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by NUNOSLASH View Post
                        Ive been told that this cab had the original speakers replaced by Celestions GT 75.
                        Ive read that those are kinda scooped, but what do you think?
                        The head ill be using is the new EVH 5150 50watts that has lots of mids, so it will be balanced right?
                        I know i have to go and try it before, but that i will do on sunday! and im dying of curiosity, so please tell me what you think bros!
                        I think scooped sometimes gets carried away. The mids are pulled back compared to a v30 or greenback. But with an amp like that you will be fine.
                        Peavey Wolfgang(USA) EBMM pickups
                        Meanstreet Exile (Wolfgang Copy) evh set
                        Sterling AX40 stock (Fender Wolfgang bridge/AN neck)
                        Epiphone LP Special w/JB
                        Rouge P Bass SD Quarter Pounders
                        Epiphone Acoustic with seymour woody
                        1984 Marshall JCM 800 4010 Voodoo Modded w/EVH Greenback
                        Peavey 6505+ combo

Comment

Working...
                        X