1 watt or 20 watts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1 watt or 20 watts?

^^ Now, on that, I'm the opposite. I think OD pedals work fine with the JCA20H I have. I've never relied solely on the pedal for my OD, and since the cleans aren't the featured sound on the 20 watt JCs, my OD pedals work with what the amp is already doing. There are ODs that work OK, some that blow, and some that KILL.
    - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
    Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
    The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

I use a Blackstar HT-5 head with a 1x12" cab loaded with Celestion Vintage 30 with my band. I've personally found it loud enough to play with my band, and I use it in rehearsal and on stage. The HT-5 provides some great tones. I use it like a single channel amp, and roll my guitar's volume knob down for cleaner tones.
      http://www.lonephantom.com
      http://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/author/stephen/

Comment

Thanks for the sincere advice guys. I will definitely try before I buy. Both amps are great IMO. The thing is the HT-5 combo is $100 more expensive than the JCA 1/2 stack. The HT-20 is even more. I'm on a serious budget right now.

My main thing is getting a tube amp on the cheap, but not a cheap tube amp Like I said...if the JCA sounds horrible in the church setting...then I just continue to use my POD direct. No biggie. I was just looking to get a better tone if possible. And I don't need a bundle of tones. Really just clean w/chorus n delay and then a crunchy OD tone.

My personal tastes range from Black Country Communion, Hendrix, SRV/KWS, EVH, Skid Row, Ratt, Crue, Ozzy, BLS, Chickenfoot, Godsmack, AIC and Metallica. I know the JCA can get that 80's metal tone (Warren Demartini uses a Soldano SLO). And, interestingly enough, Rob "his awesomeness" Chappers did videos on how to sound like Satch and how to sound like Metallica for under $1000...and the JCA was the amp that did the trick.

Don't get me wrong...I LOVE the Blackstar tones and features. I love that 4x8 cab they came out with! They are just more expensive (which is why I originally compared the HT-1 to the JCA...as they are closer in price...kinda). If I could drop $500 then I would compare the HT-5 to the JCA22...with 2 channels.

Bottom line...I WILL try before I buy. I'm just looking at the deal of 15% off at MF.com up thru 5/28 which would make the JCA 1/2 stack under $300. That's just seems hard to beat IMO.

Thanks again. I really do appreciate everyone's input.

Comment

Working...
        X