Anyone with Homebrews?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone with Homebrews?

I painted my old Bogen Point to Point 4x7868 Amp. It was silver and rusted, so I took a drill and a wrie brush and some gloss bar-b-q paint and spraypainted it.

Not a pro job, but I was happy with the results. This was an amp some guy converted for me to a guitar amp. Pics of the guts and chassis on the next post of this thread. Sounds pretty good!;

THIS IS WHAT IT LOOKED LIKE ( only worse);

Last edited by MetalManiac; 05-22-2012, 12:41 PM.
    "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Re: Anyone with Homebrews?

"Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

That's really nice! Do you have any clips?

heres a pic of mine

And one i did for a customer

I also have a few pedals but only have pics of my main OD

I currently have another one that's in progress that will end up in the marketplace on here most likely.
      Please visit and share my guitar gear & DIY Blog
      WWW.BACKLINE.TK

Non Biased General Guitar forum
      http://fret.boards.net

Comment

looks kinda cool black, but I have to admit I like their silver/red motiff, which reminds me of a 1960s spaceship.

Comment

Originally posted by Toe-Knee View Post
          That's really nice! Do you have any clips?

heres a pic of mine
          Like a boss.
          "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
          Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

I have an old Bogen challenger that is now a Matchless clone. My main amp is a Metro amp plexi board I retrofitted into an Epiphone Blues Custom 30 cab and chassis.

BC30 before:

After. wiring still needs trimmed a bit.
            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
            ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
            Originally posted by Securb
            The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

Nice one Jer!

I had thought you painted the red part orange and was all, "Whoa he did some damn good stencil work on the "LSi" and "Challenger" part." But then I realized it was just the light. Derp.

Definitely an improvement IMO.

Comment

Working...
              X