banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DS1 content - My friend is a dirty jerk!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS1 content - My friend is a dirty jerk!

So stopped by my friend's house today because he said he had something he wanted to show me....I notice he has a DS1 and he always hated that pedal....we plug it in front of all of his amps and wow it sounded amazing....

He told me he modded the pedal but wouldn't tell me what mod he performed....All I can say is whatever he did to the pedal really enhanced the lower midrange of the amps without making the tone muddy.....I've heard tons of DS1 mods before but this one through me for a real loop...sounded awesome.....

We ran than pedal with a Rivera Knucklehead combo, a Jet City 20 combo, and a 6505+ combo......

Anyone have any clue what this mod could have been...sounded way better than the TriRec mod......

Re: DS1 content - My friend is a dirty jerk!

You're never going to get the answer this way without more details.

Ever.
    Custom neck-thru strat
    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
    1995 PRS CE24
    D'avanzo #8
    Breedlove Solo Concert
    1996 USA Dean Baby Z
    1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
    1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
    Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Originally posted by LatsMcGee View Post
      So stopped by my friend's house today because he said he had something he wanted to show me....I notice he has a DS1 and he always hated that pedal....we plug it in front of all of his amps and wow it sounded amazing....

He told me he modded the pedal but wouldn't tell me what mod he performed....All I can say is whatever he did to the pedal really enhanced the lower midrange of the amps without making the tone muddy.....I've heard tons of DS1 mods before but this one through me for a real loop...sounded awesome.....

We ran than pedal with a Rivera Knucklehead combo, a Jet City 20 combo, and a 6505+ combo......

Anyone have any clue what this mod could have been...sounded way better than the TriRec mod......
      Heh..you could play a Ukele through a Knuckelhead and it would sound amazing. Those amps are HUGE.
      "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

lower midrange???

JCM mod? or a development of?
        Ich bin mein führer

Originally posted by tiptipono
        you have a mental problem? Your brain gets screwed? You purchased this stupidity over the years or it runs in your family genes?

It's like I tell you to sell your daughter/son to father better than you and buy instead toaster

Comment

You'll have to hijack it from him, open it and see what was changed. Should be easy to spot by the solder points.

Comment

http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazin...DS_1_Mods.aspx
            "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
            Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Punch him in the nose and force him to tell you. If that doesn't work, the old beer bottle to the head trick always does. He'll talk.

Comment

.....It is not hard science making pedels you know!!!
                Use your ears and have a basic knowledge of circuits will carry you far in this limited world of guitar effects>!

Comment

Did you ever figure this one out matey? I wanna mod my DS-1 and this sounds rather positive haha.

Comment

Originally posted by spleenharvester View Post
                    Did you ever figure this one out matey? I wanna mod my DS-1 and this sounds rather positive haha.
                    I don't know exactly what he did but he is referring to it as his "soldano" mod, I'm guessing it's similar to the JCM mods.....he's going to show me this weekend exactly what he did.....

Comment

Working...
                    X