banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

...and Bogner Shiva gas rears its ugly head once again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...and Bogner Shiva gas rears its ugly head once again.

I'm going through a phase again of thinking about selling both of my Super Reverbs and buying a Bogner Shiva 2x12 with road case. I just don't know if I can go through with it but the Bogner sound keeps me up at night.

I know the Shiva is versatile, and I know that it will do almost every sound I want it to, but has anyone heard a Bogner shiva with a hollow/semi-hollow body through it with flatwounds for jazz? I can't find a good reference tone online anywhere.
    Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
    It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Re: ...and Bogner Shiva gas rears its ugly head once again.

I have a 20th Anniversary with KT-88's. While the amp is absolutely glorious in everything else that I've tried with it, that's one thing that I haven't heard through it. I have a 335 type but I don't have flatwounds on it. With that minor difference aside, it handles 335 tone in much the same way that a Twin does. It doesn't have the same clean headroom that a Twin does, but a Twin doesn't have the unreal gain channel that the Shiva does. It's the most versatile amp that I've ever played through and nothing else is close.
    Mr. Way Too Proud of Texas Guy

Nothing nothing nothing, nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing.

Comment

Working...
    X