My $24 home made pedal board!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My $24 home made pedal board!

IIRC, someone on here has already done this, so I can't take credit for the idea.

It's actually one of the $6 tables from Wal Mart and thing of Velcro from the same place that was around $18. I can't bring myself to velcro my wahs. Most everything else is doable though! Too bad I sold a lot of my pedals off in my last purge. It looks kind of empty now. I'll have to work on that!

Gear: More junk than I know what to do with

Re: My $24 home made pedal board!

I'm not saying this to be mean, but I don't real;ly like that very much. I hope I dont send the wrong message here.
    I dont really like homemade pedalboard s made out of wood..they look exatly like whayt they are..a cheaply fashioned board..except Gibson175's homemeade wooden board was cool to me, even thougb it was budget it had a pretty cool l;ook and functionality.
    Great effort, and thats just my personal; opinion
    "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

I'm not offended at all. It's a legless $6 table with some velcro slapped on it. I wasn't expecting any OMG, that's so effin cool stuff. Just sharing that's all. There's lots of cool boards out there, but I'm not spending that kind of dough for one. This'll work until I need something else.

Comment

Okay..can we have some details? Almost looks like a solid piece of wood? Its starting to grow on me .
        Looks like iot was stained with a True OIl or a Wipe on Poly.
        I think what is alienating me is that Im used to slots in between, like Pedaltrain Metal ,and thats what Gibson175's had.
        "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

It's multiple pieces that have been glued. I think it's finished with some king of poly though. I'll take some more close ups. The tables themselves are pretty nifty for the $6 or $7 they cost. I could have spruced it up a bit more but I was in a hurry. I'm planning on drilling routing holes for the cabling once I get the pedals I want on there and how they're going to be arranged.

Comment

I did that too. Bought a black shelf at Home Depot and slapped some heavy duty Velcro on it and a handle. Worked great when I had more pedals.

Now I'm back to my Cuisinart cutting board pedalboard. Just big enough for what I need.

Nicely done.

Comment

Back

Can't really see the multi piece on the top with velcro on it.

Comment

If it works, use it. I see no wrong in it.

Comment

The real trick is going to be keeping the wiring tidy. I'm probably going to come up with a way to raise the supports on the front high enough to mount the power brick underneath. It'll free up more space on the top for mo pedals and be easier to run the wires under the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr 9finger View Post
                    The real trick is going to be keeping the wiring tidy. I'm probably going to come up with a way to raise the supports on the front high enough to mount the power brick underneath. It'll free up more space on the top for mo pedals and be easier to run the wires under the bottom.
                    Just drill some holes and run the cables underneath.

I'd be proud to show off my brick, if I had one.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                      I did that too. Bought a black shelf at Home Depot and slapped some heavy duty Velcro on it and a handle. Worked great when I had more pedals.

Now I'm back to my Cuisinart cutting board pedalboard. Just big enough for what I need.

Nicely done.

Gonna buy me a condo.... Gonna buy me a Cuisinart.... Wall to wall carpeting, get a wallet full of credit cards.....

(sorry, anytime I hear or see cuisinart, I think of that %$@# Wierd Al song...
                      Cool board 9 Finger!! Never woulda thought of using a table top like that. I have basically the same thing, but I bought a board and had to put a way to tilt it up and all..
                      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by Mr 9finger View Post
                        IIRC, someone on here has already done this, so I can't take credit for the idea.

It's actually one of the $6 tables from Wal Mart and thing of Velcro from the same place that was around $18. I can't bring myself to velcro my wahs. Most everything else is doable though! Too bad I sold a lot of my pedals off in my last purge. It looks kind of empty now. I'll have to work on that!
                        Hah, definitely did that with one of my boards. I'm actually not even using it now but it was great for a while there when I really needed something. I used the 'X' style legs for the tray table and cut them in sections and used them to raise the back end off the ground to make room for my pedalpower. I found it worked beautifully.
                        Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
                        It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
                        Originally posted by LesStrat
                        Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Originally posted by CapoFirstFret View Post
                          Hah, definitely did that with one of my boards. I'm actually not even using it now but it was great for a while there when I really needed something. I used the 'X' style legs for the tray table and cut them in sections and used them to raise the back end off the ground to make room for my pedalpower. I found it worked beautifully.

I was hoping whoever did it first would chime in. I couldn't remember if that's how you did it, or used something else. Good thing I kept the legs! Thanks man!

Comment

my little board it literally just a board. i planned on painting it black but never got around to it. its only got timmy od->deja vu delay->twin cities aby on it powered by a newer psa120 but its not very pretty at all. works fine though.

Comment

I was looking at some web catalog somewhere or other, and I came across a pedal board which was not made to use velcro. Instead it had these holes for zip ties. They gave the ties some fancy name like "adjustimatic" or whatever, but they were really zip ties. I've seen really long zip ties at home depot, and wondered what people used them for; well I guess that is one use, if you don't like velcro.
                              "Times have not become more violent. They have just become more televised."
                              - Marilyn Manson

Comment

Working...
                              X