banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NAD Traynor and Marshall! (My firsts Tube amp/Head/cab)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD Traynor and Marshall! (My firsts Tube amp/Head/cab)

So here there are! This is my FIRST TUBE AMP and I am glad to present to you my new best friend here, Traynor YCS100 (I am proud to buy Canadian products!) head matched with this nice Marshall 1960a Lead cab.

I was clearly lacking power with my Roland Cube 80x with my band situation...

All this gear is used but in perfect working condition so I am so excited guys, it is a dream come true. After playing on a Roland cube for maybe 4 or 5 years, this takes me to a new level of guitar playing. I am amazed by this tubes response and distortion. This amp is just what I needed! It has 3 channels (clean, crunch, lead) and I can really get pretty much all areas covered with this head.

I pretty much feel like a rockstar from now on.

No more talking, here are the two shots I took with my iPod!

Last edited by FrankyBoy; 05-30-2012, 09:24 PM.
    Frank
    - PRS SE Custom (Jazz/JB)
    - Ibanez RGD7421 (D-Activator)
    - Tanglewood TW170AS-CE

Traynor YCS100 through Marshall 1960 lead (4x12)
    Originally posted by Curt
    Whatever you do, remember to play in the crabcore position, it helps with the tone.

Re: NAD Traynor and Marshall! (My firsts Tube amp/Head/cab)

Originally posted by FrankyBoy View Post
    So here there are! This is my FIRST TUBE AMP and I am glad to present to you my new best friend here, Traynor YCS100 (I am proud to buy Canadian products!) head matched with this nice Marshall 1960a Lead cab.

I was clearly lacking power with my Roland Cube 80x with my band situation...

All this gear is used but in perfect working condition so I am so excited guys, it is a dream come true. After playing on a Roland cube for maybe 4 or 5 years, this takes me to a new level of guitar playing. I am amazed by this tubes response and distortion. This amp is just what I needed! It has 3 channels (clean, crunch, lead) and I can really get pretty much all areas covered with this head.

I pretty much feel like a rockstar from now on.

No more talking, here are the two shots I took with my iPod!

Congratulation! That's awesome! I own a Traynor Custom Special 50 and love it! I've also owned two different YCV40s, and both were great amps!

How similar/different are the two gain channels?

What speakers are in the Marshall cabinet?
    "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

Oh dude that is one sweet amp! I've heard some righteous stuff from the 100 AND the 50. Very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Fender_Punk View Post
        Congratulation! That's awesome! I own a Traynor Custom Special 50 and love it! I've also owned two different YCV40s, and both were great amps!

How similar/different are the two gain channels?

What speakers are in the Marshall cabinet?
        Hey there! I've played around an hour or two yet, but to me the Crunch channel is my favorite distortion channel. It is Uber tight, crunchy and crispy. It punches just like I want it to with my Rythme playing. I mostly play rock metal progressive and djenty things. It does not have a HUGE amount of gain, but it has quite enough for now and I am just fine with that. I might try to boost it with an overdrive pedal to see what it does.

The Channel 1 (Lead) is a little more loose and a tad boomy to me so I have to dial down the bass a bit. I think it's great for high gain screaming solos! I still have to play around with the Boost, modern and scoop switches to see what sounds best.

As for the speakers, I think these are the GT12-75. As this is my first guitar cab I dont know what sounds best to me, but I've been told these speakers should do alright for my type of music! For now I'm just blown away with everything.

I LOVE THE CLEAN SOUND OF THIS AMP. The reverb sounds fantastic too.
        Frank
        - PRS SE Custom (Jazz/JB)
        - Ibanez RGD7421 (D-Activator)
        - Tanglewood TW170AS-CE

Traynor YCS100 through Marshall 1960 lead (4x12)
        Originally posted by Curt
        Whatever you do, remember to play in the crabcore position, it helps with the tone.

Comment

Working...
        X