banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gonna order a SHO clone, give me some cool ideas for the enclosure design!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gonna order a SHO clone, give me some cool ideas for the enclosure design!

Come on!
    Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
    Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
    Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
    Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Re: Gonna order a SHO clone, give me some cool ideas for the enclosure design!

How crafty are you feeling with tolex?

From CEC Amplifiers - a custom version of their Suckerpunch...
    "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

I'm quite fond of etched enclosures.

Please visit and share my guitar gear & DIY Blog
      WWW.BACKLINE.TK

Non Biased General Guitar forum
      http://fret.boards.net

Comment

I'd put a big set of balls on it. That way every time you stomp on it, you're stomping balls!
        Gear: More junk than I know what to do with

Comment

I want something awesome and a bit outrageous. It's actually going to be a Super Duper 2-in-1 clone, not a SHO.
          So two stomp switches. One for each ball?

EDIT: Of course, you aren't the first to think about it:

Comment

How about the one it goes in...

If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

have you tried a Box of Rock Diego? Thats a cool pedal. You can get a vexter series one (same on the inside as the hand painted models) for cheap, then buy a hammondenclosure from small bear electronics and go to town painting that up. From what people told me about mine was that the BOR iis really an SHO with the dirty circuit being two SHO's cascaded together, so you get more tonal versatility.

ON a side (but related) note: one thing i dont like about the BOR (or i guess the 2 in one) is the small pedal with the 2 buttons and knobs all squashed together....fitting one into a double sized hammond enclosure would be easy enough.
              "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
              Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

I'll get the clone for a better price I'm sure. Zvex stuff here is rare and expensive and I wouldn't buy without trying first.

I'm thinking of stealing the idea from that pedal I posted, and have some tiny hairless balls for the on/off switch and some massive hairy balls for stage two.

Name of the pedal? Balls, of course.

Comment

As long as you don't play whilst barefoot. Then it's gay.
                  I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Working...
                  X