Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• affordable straight up fuzz pedal?

any recommendations?

I think a fuzz pedal can be justified for me, even so, I like to experiment so I wish to get one.

I like the sound of the Boss fuzz pedal but only on the standard mode, I can't be doing with this octave crap and all that, just want a straight forward fuzz pedal, Boom there it, plug in and hello 1970....

Any ideas? Plus cheapass to moderate price range is good.
    Ich bin mein führer

Originally posted by tiptipono
    you have a mental problem? Your brain gets screwed? You purchased this stupidity over the years or it runs in your family genes?

It's like I tell you to sell your daughter/son to father better than you and buy instead toaster

Re: affordable straight up fuzz pedal?

I just bought a Biyang Fuzz Star, based on this video :

"Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

Big Muff. No point in getting a half-assed attempt at a fuzz face.
      Custom neck-thru strat
      1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
      1995 PRS CE24
      D'avanzo #8
      Breedlove Solo Concert
      1996 USA Dean Baby Z
      1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
      1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
      Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Tweak fuzz used is the best deal going!

Comment

What's moderately priced?

I'd suggest either a Big Muff or a Way Huge Swollen Pickle.
          - Gibson CS ES339 - Gibson Les Paul Trad - Gibson J-200 Standard - Fender Hwy1 Strat - Gibson Captain Kirk Douglas SG - Takamine E-series Acoustic - Fender Blues Deluxe - Fender Excelsior -

Comment

I just got a black arts pharoah, it is pretty killer!

Comment

A Duncan tweak fuzz can be had for very cheap. I sold my Swollen pickle because it had too many knobs to putz around with. I'm cool with a fuzz face clone plus the six tweak position sounds. I also got it from GC, where I work, for about 30 bucks. I think it's great.
              Gear:
              Fender '03 CIJ Antigua Strat
              Epi Dot Natural
              Partscaster blackie
              Breedlove Passport Mahogany
              VOX V845 -> MXR Blue Box -> Boss CS-3 -> MXR Phase 90 -> Paul C. Tim OD -> Fulltone Plimsoul -> Boss CE-3 -> EHX Memory Toy -> SD Deja Vu Delay >
              Marshall Artist 30 4202 or Bugera V5

I WORK FOR GC, IF YOU NEED A DEAL PM ME!!!

Comment

Dunlop JH Fuzz Face...I've seen them as cheap as $60 but expect to pay around $100.
                If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

1970 you say? Well if it was 1969, i'd suggest a germanium fuzz face, but seeing as its 1970, you probably need a silicon fuzz face. This one is killer. Vintage correct NOS components, hand built, hand tested, true bypass, made in the USA by a good dude who answers your emails. Not too expensive either. Comparable in quality to the Fulltone '70 and the analogman sunface bc108. Check it out.
                  http://www.hartmanpedals.com/#!bc108-silicon-fuzz
                  Last edited by Chickenwings; 06-05-2012, 05:10 AM.
                  "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                  Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Tweak Fuzz.

Comment

Originally posted by Left_Hand_Strat View Post
                      any recommendations?

I think a fuzz pedal can be justified for me, even so, I like to experiment so I wish to get one.

I like the sound of the Boss fuzz pedal but only on the standard mode, I can't be doing with this octave crap and all that, just want a straight forward fuzz pedal, Boom there it, plug in and hello 1970....

Any ideas? Plus cheapass to moderate price range is good.

Sounds like you are looking in the direction of an MXR Classic 108.
                      Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Originally posted by everdrone View Post
                        I just got a black arts pharoah, it is pretty killer!
                        Hold on there superman . . . the Black Arts Pharoah is not for the inexperienced fuzz-virgins.

That is a massive Fuzz-sculting tone monster.

(you do not give the keys of an Airbus A380 to a microlight pilot ...)
                        Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

ok Im more looking for the fuzz that Motorhead used, so I might try the MXR one... the boss fuzz sounds bad to my ears, although I love the mega robust casing, lol
                          Ich bin mein führer

Originally posted by tiptipono
                          you have a mental problem? Your brain gets screwed? You purchased this stupidity over the years or it runs in your family genes?

It's like I tell you to sell your daughter/son to father better than you and buy instead toaster

Comment

Originally posted by SirJackdeFuzz View Post
                            Hold on there superman . . . the Black Arts Pharoah is not for the inexperienced fuzz-virgins.

That is a massive Fuzz-sculting tone monster.

(you do not give the keys of an Airbus A380 to a microlight pilot ...)
                            lol classic

I appreciated your recommendation in a thread like this a few months ago stonerrocklives.com digs this pedal too, cheers

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
                              1970 you say? Well if it was 1969, i'd suggest a germanium fuzz face, but seeing as its 1970, you probably need a silicon fuzz face. This one is killer. Vintage correct NOS components, hand built, hand tested, true bypass, made in the USA by a good dude who answers your emails. Not too expensive either. Comparable in quality to the Fulltone '70 and the analogman sunface bc108. Check it out.
                              http://www.hartmanpedals.com/#!bc108-silicon-fuzz
                              I think very highly of Hartman stuff and an Si Fuzz Face would get you there...this is a GREAT option for you!
                              If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Working...
                              X