Speaker Sound Clips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaker Sound Clips

Does anyone know if there is a site that has professional sound clips of the different Celestions/Eminence speakers? By professional I mean not Joe Blow with a web cam rocking out AC/DC through a Celestion. I'm thinking about getting a different speaker for my Vypyr 30, maybe something with higher power (depends on if I do a 1-12 stack) and would like to hear the differences they're all talking about. Celestion would be 1st choice then Carvin then Eminence. Carvins in 2nd because their GT12 says it compares to the Vintage 30 (and it's $60 compared to $150). Basically a way to do a side-by-side comparison.
    LTD M-50 W/ AHB-1 Blackouts.
    Thinline W/GFS Classic II
    Soloist W/Duncan Detonator
    LP W/GFS Crunchy Pats
    Blackstar HT5-H.
    Custom 112 cab W/G12 75T.

Re: Speaker Sound Clips

This is the closest that you will get I think.

Please visit and share my guitar gear & DIY Blog
    WWW.BACKLINE.TK

Non Biased General Guitar forum
    http://fret.boards.net

Comment

there's also this...

and this...

Kool Amplification is a privately owned company, specialized in producing high quality guitar amplifiers and cabinets.
      www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

This is exactly what I was looking for, Thanks. I have my computer sound run to my stereo so I could hear the differences (to a point) pretty well. Unfortunately (I guess) I could hear how how good the Celestion $300 Blue and $325 Gold sound, doubt I'll spend that kind of money.
        LP W/GFS Crunchy Pats
        Blackstar HT5-H.

Comment

VYpyr's like most modelling amps have their speaker emulation algorythms ties up in the modelling sofware, as a result modelling amps generally have speakers designed to have a flat frequency response to allow the tonal properties of each of the models to be replicated acccurately. So even tho it seems strange, guitar amp speakers like the ones you are considering are not the best tool for the job. Instead, have a look at some speakers designed for PA use such as some of the eminence betas.
          Having said all that, im going to be first in a what will most likely be a long line of similar posts that say dont waste your money on a better speaker for your vypyr. Instead, use what you have learned about your favourite amp sounds from your vypyr and save up for a real amp. The difference is night and day.
          "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
          Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
            VYpyr's like most modelling amps have their speaker emulation algorythms ties up in the modelling sofware, as a result modelling amps generally have speakers designed to have a flat frequency response to allow the tonal properties of each of the models to be replicated acccurately. So even tho it seems strange, guitar amp speakers like the ones you are considering are not the best tool for the job. Instead, have a look at some speakers designed for PA use such as some of the eminence betas.
            Having said all that, im going to be first in a what will most likely be a long line of similar posts that say dont waste your money on a better speaker for your vypyr. Instead, use what you have learned about your favourite amp sounds from your vypyr and save up for a real amp. The difference is night and day.
            I dig what your saying but did you read the features on a Vypyr 30 head? There is A LOT of room for tweaking. You don't think I could benefit from a guitar speaker?
            LP W/GFS Crunchy Pats
            Blackstar HT5-H.

Comment

you might benefit interms of overall volume and better/wider frequency response by getting a new speaker, but if you really have to have a new speaker, look for a flat frequerncy PA type speaker. Thats the way to bring out the best in modelling amps. That is how they are deisgned to work. All the speaker tone emulations are in the software itself, so using a specifically voiced guitar speaker will only limit what the vypyr is designed to do.
              Last edited by Chickenwings; 06-08-2012, 07:47 PM.
              "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
              Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Modelers benefit from neutral speakers with little tone coloring. One specific speakers tone will not suit all of the amp models in the amps processor.
                A proven winner is the Celestion Classic Lead. Look hard at those.

That being said, I really don't like the above posted comparison clips.
                This one is better, although they are all Celestion. It is more interative and just better done all around.
                Kool Amplification is a privately owned company, specialized in producing high quality guitar amplifiers and cabinets.
                Last edited by Van Noord; 06-08-2012, 09:32 PM.
                ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
                ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
                ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

If you want some great speakers at a low price then try the Eminence Legends. You can pick up some used Soldano Eminence stock speakers pretty cheap and they're really good.

Comment

Working...
                  X