My dog and Them Bones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dog and Them Bones

Been struggling to get the Pittbull to play nice with V30's all weekend. Finally I simply pulled all the original VHT labeled pre's from the amp. (19 yr old tubes)
    I put in a random cocktail of JJ, Mesa, Ruby & Tungsol and there was a big improvement.
    The mids shifted to a warmer, fatter, better place. The treble control was relaxed and less chirpy. The lows got tighter and beefier. As a result, I'm finding the V30's are now sounding much better than before with this amp.
    Now I need to get hold of some KT88's!
    Mr. Fryette would likely slap me though because I'm using speakers he does not recommend and I yanked all his specifically chosen preamp tubes! lol

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Re: My dog and Them Bones

19 years, wow. Must not have been used much before!

Comment

I didn't know tubes could last that long, wow!

Comment

Sounds pretty good!

Comment

wow!!! sick tone dude, super tight and balls to spare!. I'd get an ISP Decimator tho

Comment

My silverface Champ is still running original GE Power tube and sylvania 12ax7. original rectifier too. Still test good. Playing on borrowed time though I know.
            and You know why he chose those preamp tubes.
            Great trades/transactions with checo, kjrocks (2x), ginoames (2x), guitarkid (2x), Ed Hunter, primo (2x), apar111, blueman335, King IzzO))), ArtieToo, lemonman, saladin, SAVAGE DISTORTION, surface54, and DonP. Excellent forum bros!

Comment

Tone is subjective.

I swapped out all the "stock" tubes in my Deliverance, it sounds soooo much better in my ears.

In terms of KT88s, I had good results with JJs and Genalex Gold Lion RI
              Originally posted by grumptruck
              No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
              Originally posted by Gear Used
              PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
              Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
              Mesa Stiletto Ace
              Gurus 5015
              Mesa Widebody 1X12
              Pedalboard

Comment

Originally posted by Maynardo View Post
                wow!!! sick tone dude, super tight and balls to spare!. I'd get an ISP Decimator tho
                Thanks dude! Yeah I just through my Decimator in the loop and it's dead silent now.
                This clip was with the master volume at 75% and the channel at 50% so at 120 watts, it was much louder than the video lets you believe. The camera compresses and squashes the sound a lot at that volume too. As always, it sounds better standing in the room with the amp.
                ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
                ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
                ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

The treble, bass and mids feel very seperated. Is that what you're aiming for?
                  The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

I couldn't hear any treble or mids. All lows or low-mids (very difficult to hear the actual song you are playing with this setup IMO).

Comment

Originally posted by Beer$ View Post
                      The treble, bass and mids feel very seperated. Is that what you're aiming for?

Originally posted by firebirdV View Post
                      I couldn't hear any treble or mids. All lows or low-mids (very difficult to hear the actual song you are playing with this setup IMO).
                      It's not like this is a professional recording in a studio. It's not like it's even a mic'd up cab being run into some crappy free recording software. It's recorded with a some type of camera. It's not exactly going to have a great sound.

Comment

What I said would still come across regardless of what it was recorded with.
                        The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Working...
                        X